Chapter 16

I was still pissed Tyler didn't pick up the phone. What could possibly be more important to deal with than me killing my second person?

Well, Tyler doesn't know about my history of killing people. He just knows I have bad paranoia and anxiety. 

Suddenly, there was a knock on my room door. I sat up on my bed to see my mom slowly walk into my room. 

"Hi mom."

"Hey, hun, you're needed in the living room." Mom said before leaving.

I frowned, the only time she's told me that was when...

Oh no.

I jumped out of bed and quickly made my way into the living room, and I was correct. 

The cops are here.

They were different officers than last time, and there were only two instead of five like last time.

"Is everything ok, mom?" I asked, looking from the cops to her. 

Dad wasn't here like last time as well. He has work, but he'll be back soon.

"Joshua Dun, you're under arrest for the suspicion of a murder."

My eyes widened at what they said. They didn't even ask me anything. Both officers took ahold of me, clamping the handcuffs on each of my wrist behind my back.

My mom was crying, trying to look away from the scene but she couldn't.

 "Everything will be ok, I promise mom. I'll be ok." I didn't want to lie when reassuring her, so I just comforted her. I planted evidence though, why was I even a suspect?

I didn't struggle again the police, I didn't want to cause anymore trouble or panic through the house.

When I was put in the back of the police car though, I didn't expect to see who I did.

"What the actual hell..?"

Why was Gerard also in the car next to me?

The wallet. They suspect him as well.

Shit.

"Why're you looking at me like that?" He said, glaring back at me now.

"I-I just- I didn't mean for all of this to happen." I said, shaking a little. 

Gerard looked confused, but that didn't stop the aggressive energy that he was bringing. I fear that if I told him what happened he would kill me. Even while being handcuffed.

"We gotta get out of here." I said. "They think you murdered someone and..."

"Hush up back there." One of the cops said. 

I looked down, I don't know what'll happen to us. 

It took a lot to not break down when I was being locked up in a cell. It was a big cell with multiple people in it. Gerard was one of those people, and he was talking to someone else right now.

Why does he know people in prison?

A few moments later, he came over to me with the guy he was talking to. "This is Kyle. He's a suspect for murder, so am I, and apparently you are as well. You tell us what happened and what you did."

I quickly nodded, sitting down on the metal bench that was against the cell wall. Kyle sat down as well, but Gerard stayed standing, crossing his arms as well.

"I killed someone a while back and dumped the body in a lake. I was called in because there was some evidence on me, but I managed to get away without getting caught. However, I needed to plant more evidence before the cops were back on my tail. So, when you pushed Tyler, your wallet had fallen out of your pocket, and I used that by the lake for revenge kinda." I whispered, just loud enough for us three to hear.

"I pushed your friend so you were going to send me into jail for murder?" I shrugged, I guess it sounds bad when you put it like that. "Who did you kill..? The first time."

"Can't say." I say, shrugging again.

It then looked like a lightbulb had gotten lit in Gerard's head. "Did you kill Brendon.? This Brendon guy who Ryan lost about a year ago, did you kill him?"

I looked down, shaking my head slowly. I don't know who killed Brendon, but I know that it happened on the same night I killed that other person. They deserved it, they made Brendon's life a living hell. We were close, Brendon and I, in the eighth grade, and we could've stayed friends, then this guy came along, started hanging out with Brendon. Made him uncomfortable at some points. Manipulated him. Made him afraid of being himself at school. 

I knew about his parents, and how mean they were to him. He would never tell my the full story, but I knew enough to know that at home he wasn't ok.

I didn't want school to be that way for him as well. Hell, we were only in the ninth grade at this time, I didn't want for his high school year to be bad.

So that night when he was planning to go over to Brendon's place, I was able to sneak Brendon's phone from him and text that guy the wrong address before deleting mine and his replies.

The address was the lake. 

Later on in the year I had gotten the news that Brendon "disappeared," only to find out that he died. 

I thought that getting rid of that guy would save Brendon, but it didn't. I always blamed myself for that. What if I didn't kill that guy? Would Brendon still be alive?

"We gotta get out of here." I then say, trying not to let tears leave my eyes.

"Yeah, we do. But, I was talking to Kyle, and I think we have a plan." Gerard says, Kyle nodding from behind him.

I raised an eyebrow, intrigued in what they've come up with.

"Well, you've seem to also frame my man, Kyle. Luckily, he's one of my clients." Clients? I wonder what job he has. "Kyle's willing to be pleaded guilty. He knows some people in here, he says he can get by."

I looked over at Kyle, and he nodded reassuringly at me. "You have to promise me one thing, though." I leaned a bit closer to him. "Don't kill any more people." Kyle whispered before giving me a small smile.

I nod. It's not as easy as said, but I'll try.

It didn't take too long until some officer came to get each of us separately to interview us. 

Of course I was only being suspected due to the fact that this is the second murder at the same location, and I was a suspect for the first one. They just assumed that I had something to do with it again. Now, if I didn't actually do it I would've been pressed, but I did do it so... 

Anyways, I luckily went before Kyle, so any suspicion that the cops had on me completely disappeared after hearing what Kyle said. 

I felt bad but I was reassured that he'd be fine.

However, we were still kept over night. It wasn't too bad though, just a night.

When Gerard and I left the building, he decided that it would be best if I had followed him. He said my knowledge and experience in murder will be helpful...

"What the hell do you mean by that?" I asked, surprisingly feeling afraid for what he had in store for me.

"It's a long story, but I need you to come with me."

"Well we have time, so you can tell me on the way there." I say, crossing my arms and stopping dead in my track.

Gerard turned to look at me, his glare sending chills down my back, but that didn't stop me from standing my ground.

"Fine." He said after a few seconds. "But I won't repeat myself after this."

"Deal."