Chapter 10: Shadecloud

SHADECLOUD

            Shadecloud opened her eyes in the StarClan territory. There were no other cats in sight. She looked around. “Firestar!” she called. “Lionheart! Is anyone here?”

            Shadecloud heard the crackling sound of thunder and stared up at the gray sky. Stormy weather? she thought. In StarClan?

            A jagged bolt of lightning hit the ground right in front of Shadecloud. When the brilliant white flash of light faded, Firestar had appeared.

            “What is happening? Why is the weather like this?” Shadecloud asked.

            “You are seeing the future,” Firestar meowed.

            “The future?” Shadecloud asked, feeling slightly confused for a moment.

            Then, she suddenly recognized the trees that surrounded the hollow. The training hollow!  “I’m in ThunderClan territory,” she murmured half to herself. Then, louder, she asked, “Is this about the unknown threat?”

            Firestar nodded. “You will glimpse more of what may be your fate soon,” he meowed. “But first, I have another prophecy to give you.”

            “Oh, joy,” Shadecloud muttered.

            Firestar narrowed his eyes and glared at her before speaking. “Sunset will bring the fourth and final death, and the next sunrise will bring a problem that causes many deaths,” the flame-colored tom recited the words of the prophecy.

            “That prophecy sounds so wonderful!” Shadecloud exclaimed sarcastically. “I just can’t wait for it to come true.”

            Firestar shot her one last look before disappearing.

            Suddenly, with almost no notice at all, an amazingly powerful gust of wind swept her off her feet and carried her upwards. She was spinning in circles, but still rising higher and higher up into the air. She felt as the wind would tear her apart and kill her when suddenly….

            Shadecloud opened her eyes in the warriors den just as pale sunlight was beginning to creep into the camp.

A/N: When it says that Shadecloud is in the warriors den, it is only a temporary warriors den until the real one is fixed, as the real one was damaged by the fire.