Chapter 4: Lionblaze

LIONBLAZE

            The loud, anxious chattering woke Lionblaze up at an early time of the morning. “Does any cat know where Bramblestar is?” Grassfur asked.

            Lionblaze walked up to Floodface. “You haven’t seen Bramblestar?” he inquired.

            Floodface shook her head. “Not since he left camp yesterday,” she replied.

            Lionblaze trotted forward and leaped onto the Highledge. “Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey join beneath the Highledge for a Clan meeting!” he yowled the formal words even though it was almost unnecessary, as majority of the Clan was already gathered in clearing below, waiting for him to speak.

            “As most of you already know, Bramblestar has disappeared. Has any cat seen him since yesterday?” Lionblaze asked.

            A wave of anxiety filled his chest as his only response was nervous muttering. “Dovewing,” he meowed. “Could you use your senses to search for Bramblestar?”

            The Clan waited nervously while Dovewing concentrated. Lionblaze watched as her eyes flew open suddenly and they were filled with terror. Dovewing lowered her head and stared at the ground. “Where is he?” Lionblaze asked after a long moment of silence, not really wanting to know the answer.

            Dovewing stared at him. Finally, after drawing a shuddering breath, she replied, “You’re not going to like the answer.”

            “Tell me anyways,” Lionblaze meowed.

            “ShadowClan; they-they’ve captured him,” Dovewing stammered. “And Rowanstar isn’t treating him nicely.”