The plan

Harry looked back up, and realised he had zoned out while thinking about Ginny, they were already at his parents house. It was big for 2 people, and Harry was reminded just how rich his parents were. They walked inside to the big living room. The kitchen sat just behind it and there was a hallway to the right of it, with a door that Harry assumed was the bathroom at the end. On the right of the hallway was a set of stairs that led to the rooms. They followed James and Lily upstairs while Lily started telling them where everything was. "And right here are our spare rooms" Lily said, opening two doors to reveal large rooms, each with a king bed inside. "Sorry there's not enough" Lily said "not enough? These are huge!" Ron replied, walking into the room and sitting on the bed. "Do you wanna share a room with me or do you want your own room?" Ron asked Hermione, and she agreed to share with him, walking inside and looking around the room.

                                     ***

"We can't stay here forever." Hermione stated. They were all in the bedroom Ron and Hermione were sharing, Harry was leaning against the door frame, Ron was sitting on the bed and Hermione was standing next to him. "I know that," Said Harry, not looking at her. "Do you? Look, Harry, I understand. They're your parents. If I were you I'd want to stay here as long as possible. But we can't. We have to go find the horcruxes again, and they can't know." Hermione was right, but it didn't make it hurt less. This was his only chance, his parents were well and truly dead where he was from, and here they were alive, and happy. No betrayals, no pain, no loss. Just some kids without worries.
"Well... why can't they?" Harry looked up at Ron, surely he understood they couldn't tell anyone? "Ron no. Nobody can know" "Regulus knows. About the horcruxes, I mean. If we can find him, he can tell Sirius and the others, and we can accidentally overhear and offer to help. No one figures out our secret"
"Ron you bloody genius! That actually might work! But... what about the others? Regulus only knew of one right?" They all stood there quietly for a second before Ron said "well... we'll just have to cross that bridge when we come to it. This is a start at least, we've got nothing else" the two of them looked at Hermione, they weren't going to do it unless all parties agreed.
"Ok I'm in." Hermione said, surprising the boys, they thought they'd have to fight her more on this. "One problem, how do we actually find Regulus?" "We could start with Grimmauld Place?" "We cant just walk in on the blacks and ask them for information about voldermort can we? We'll have to find him somewhere else. Somewhere private where his parents can't ruin it" Harry replied, earning a nod from the other two.

***

After staying up talking most of the night, they came up with a way to get to Regulus. They knew he became a death eater when he was 16, as well as his current age being 18, the same age he was when he died. That meant that he most likely already knew of the horcrux, and was planning to take it. The dates all lined up so it was safe to say Regulus was someone they could trust, or at least someone who would be willing to help them. They were all in Ron and Hermione's room, Harry had dragged the duvet as well as some blankets and pillows from his room to theirs and was laying on them on the floor. Hermione and Ron were laying at the end of their bed so they could talk to Harry. Suddenly, Hermione got up, and walked over to the wall. There was a calendar hanging there, dates crossed off up to the 5th, meaning that was probably the date, since Lily hadn't had a chance to go in there since the trio came in. Harry thought it was weird they had a calendar in the spare room, but at least they knew the date, so that was convenient. "Tomorrows a full moon" Hermione said, pointing at the sixth. They all looked at each other "Remus" they said in unison. "Wait, if Remus is out tomorrow, then the other boys will be too, meaning Sirius' house will be empty!" Ron said, like it was some shocking revelation. "Ok? How does that help us?" Harry said, slightly annoyed at 3 in the morning. "Because," Ron said, drawing out the word, "Sirius is Regulus' brother, maybe he has his phone number lying around. To keep in touch without being so obvious as sending owls" it was a defiantly a reach, but Harry needed to find Regulus. "Ronald Weasley, are you suggesting we break in to someone who trusts us' home?" Hermione asked, "well, technically, they won't trust us for another 15 years or so, so no. I'm suggesting we break into someone who just met us' home" Hermione just shook her head. "So what are we going to do if we find it?" Asked Harry "I guess... say something vague. So he knows we know what he's planning to do, but he doesn't know who's side we're on" Ron said "what if he doesn't show up?" Hermione asked, still trying to get them off this idea, "or he brings his death eater friends with him?" "He won't." Replied Harry, "if he knows we know his secret, he won't bring them, since they could go report back to Voldermort, and then he'll get killed" "ok but what if he just doesn't show up?" "Well" this time it was Ron who answered her "like I said, he won't know what side we're on, if we're death eaters, then we could go tell Voldermort what he's planning, so he'll show up to make sure that doesn't happen"
"So that's the plan then? We break into Sirius' home while he's away and somehow find a way to contact Regulus?" yep" Ron answered. "And we scare him into meeting with us?" "yep" Harry replied
"Merlin help us"