The photo

Harry's POV
The marauders spent the day showing the trio around the small muggle town they lived in. They took them out for lunch and bought them ice creams, then took them to a small lake in the middle of the woods, where they spent the rest of the day swimming and jumping off rocks into the water.
The more time they spent together, the more sick Harry felt about it all. He kept reminding himself that if he didn't focus then he would loose them again, and he couldn't get caught up in his own sadness, that he should cherish these moments with his parents, before it's too late.
He didn't really feel that bad about what they were about to do, after all, it was to save theirs, and Regulus Black's, lives.
It was getting late and the trio were again laying in Ron and Hermione's room, waiting for James to leave. Ron was watching through the window for what felt like hours until he saw the door open, and James exit the house and cross the road to Remus and Sirius' shared house, then looked over and saw Pettigrew coming down the street too.
"Ok so that's four down," said Ron, turning to the others, "what about Lily?"
Just as he said that they heard footsteps coming up the stairs and walk past there door, then they heard a door on the other side of the hall open and shut.
"I guess that's five down now." Hermione said, "well, the longer we wait the less time we have, let's move it."

***

As they approached the Lupin-Black house, they hear people on the other side of the house running away towards the woods behind the house.
"Well I guess that means we don't have to worry about any company." Ron said as he walked up to the door and tried to open it.
"Dammit it's locked"
"Just use aloho-"
"Wait Harry I wanna try something"
Ron reached into his pocket and pulls out a paper clip, which he then bends and sticks it into the lock hole. After about 2 minutes the door pops open.
"Voilá!"
"You know using alohomora would've been way quicker right."
"Yes I do, but I wanted to try that. Fred and George taught me it back in second year where they broke you out of your aunts place, remember? Good times."
"Oh yeah"
"Look I'd love to hear that story, I really would, but we need to find Regulus."
"Right, of course"
Ron pushed the door open and turned to switch the light on.
Remus and Sirius' house was about the same size as Lily and James', Harry assumed Sirius got the money from the uncle Alphard that he once told Harry about.
The front door opened to a long hallway that had two rooms going off it from each side, and at the end had the lounge room and kitchen. The stairs were down another shorter hallway to the right of the kitchen area.
"So, should we split up?"
"Yeah, I'll check around this area, Ron you go see what's in those doors in the hallway, and Harry you go upstairs."
"Go it." Harry says as he runs up the stairs.
If the number is anywhere it would be in Sirius' room, Harry thinks, so he looks around all the rooms upstairs.
At the top of the stairs it was a V shaped hallway with four rooms. Harry went through and found one bathroom, an empty bedroom that Harry assumed was the spare room, a storage closet, and another room.
Harry went into it and spotted Sirius' leather jacket from the night before sitting on a chair and assumed this must be his room. Harry found it weird that they didn't have both of their rooms upstairs and only had Sirius', especially considering they had a decent sized spare bedroom up here. Maybe Remus likes it better downstairs.
Harry looks around and finds all sorts of things. He finds a Gryffindor scarf lying on the ground next to a toy train, for some reason. There was a teddy bear sitting in the middle of Sirius' bed, and it looked all torn and ripped like a dog had chewed it. There were candy wrappers and empty water bottles sitting on the bed side table, alongside a book that Harry would've never thought Sirius would read, seemed more like a Remus thing to do.
Harry opened the closet and found a pile of unfolded clothes that looked like they were about to topple all over Harry. He closed that cupboard and moved to the next one, which had a heap of folded clothes (mostly sweaters) in it. Harry didn't peg Sirius as the sweater type, more of a Remus thing to do.
Harry walked over to a desk that was sitting in the corner and saw three framed non-magical photos. One was of all of the Marauders in the Gryffindor common room standing around Professor McGonagall who was in an armchair. They were all laughing, even McGonagall.
The next was a photo of Sirius kissing Remus on the cheek and Remus blushing profusely. Harry thought it was sweet that Sirius kissed his friends.
The third was a photo of Sirius with his arm draped around the shoulders of a smaller, less wild looking Sirius who Harry assumed was Regulus. He picked up the photo.
They were both in their quidditch gear, one red and gold, the other green and silver. They both had beaters bats in one hand and were gripping each other with the other. Sirius' long hair was in a bun that was being held up by his wand, and Regulus' curly hair wasn't long enough to pull back, so it was just sitting there in its proper place looking neat, well, as neat as curly hair can look. The two brothers looked happy together, even though they were in rivals teams.
Harry noticed a weird shape behind the photo and flipped it around to carefully open the frame. There was a piece of paper stuck inside the photo with a number scrawled out under the name "Reg".
Harry couldn't believe how lucky he got and ran down to tell the others.

Hey sorry for disappearing off the face of the earth lol I lost my motivation. Also sorry for the lack of paragraphs in the other chapters, I'm only just starting out haha. Thanks for reading x