Forgotten

[ Chapter 1 ]

Third person's POV

"Father! Father!" The prince of Fennis rushes towards King Odin with a huge boxy smile on his face.

"Calm down, son. What is it?" The King asks finding Taehyung's excitement amusing.

"Haven't you heard? Y/n is returning from Khastin!" Taehyung exclaims, the thought of seeing his sister again making his eyes twinkle with excitement.

"How come I didn't hear about this?" Odin talks mostly to himself, feeling a slight pain spreading through his head.

The news of Y/n escaping didn't make the King as happy as Taehyung and he feels a wave of tiredness hit him as he tries to think why.

Before Odin can dwell on this Queen Soohoo enters the throne room with her emerald dress flowing behind her and a frown etched on her slightly wrinkled face.

"Taehyung, if you could give us a moment alone, please." Soohoo requests with a forced smile and Taehyung gives her a curt nod before leaving the two rulers alone.

"Did you hear-"

"Yes, I heard, Y/n escaped." Soohoo sharply cuts off Odin, "How did she manage to get out? She is supposed to stay in Khastin."

"I'm not sure," Odin frowns as the pain in his head increases.

Soohoo's eyes widen as she realizes that and immediately softens her expression.

"You don't look so well, maybe you should get some rest. We'll talk about this later." She suggests.

"Very well." Odin agrees before walking out of the throne room.

Meanwhile, Soohoo's soft smile melts off her face as she glares straight ahead.

"Out of all the days, this bitch decides to show up now." She mumbles furiously before stomping away.

-

King Jaylin sits on his throne, his hand cupping his face while the other one taps against the throne's armrest impatiently.

After what feels like hours the guards finally open the huge door to reveal the Prince of Jikolyn as he confidently strides into the spacious room, his dark aura making all the servants cower away in fear.

"Took you long enough, son," Jaylin comments, raising his eyebrows as if expecting an explanation.

"What do you want, father?" The prince cuts straight to the point, not bothering with exchanging greetings or pleasantries.

"It's your engagement tomorrow, I believe that you are prepared for the ceremony?" Jaylin asks.

"There is nothing that I need to prepare for, I believe Jennie will be the one dressing up," he replies, giving his father a blank stare before continuing, "now if you'll excuse me, I have some important matters to attend to."

Without waiting for a reply, the prince swiftly turns around and walks out of the throne room the doors closing behind him with a thud.

"Ah, Park Jimin, what am I going to do with you?" King Jaylin sighs aloud, leaning his head back on the throne.

-

The royal family of Fennis is sitting in the dining room for dinner. They eat quietly and the only sound that can be heard is the clanking of the utensils.

"Jennie! You must be excited about your engagement tomorrow, have you made all the preparations?" Queen Soohoo asks her daughter in an attempt to break the uncomfortable silence.