Arrival

[ Chapter 2 ]

Third person's pov

8 years ago...

"Dad! Please don't do this! You know I would never hurt mom!" Y/n exclaimed, shocked by her father's absurd accusation.

The tears of frustration and fear flowed freely down her face as she looked up at the two expressionless adults.

"Don't lie Y/n, you will be sent away for what you have done." King Odin said in a monotonous tone, his eyes hazy.

Y/n stared at him in disbelief, her cheeks stained with her tears.

I haven't done anything! What is wrong with dad?

She thought in absolute confusion and despair.

"I have done nothing! How can you even say that?" Y/n asked as her voice cracked.

Soohoo stepped forward as she gave Y/n a hard look.

"I'm sure you remember the cup you gifted your mom on her birthday which she never used till today. We found some traces of poison in it." She said.

Y/n stared at the crazy woman in front of her after her even more crazy explanation. Her lips trembled as she turned to her father.

Surely he wouldn't believe that, he can't really think that I harmed mother.

However, all these thoughts vanished when her father simply looked at her and said,

"It's better for all of us that you leave. I've planned to send you to the kingdom of Khastin and the royal family will personally take care of you. You should be thankful that you will still be living a life of luxury after what you have done."

"Dad! No please, I haven't done any-" The King strode out of the room as the doors closed and Y/n's desperate pleas were cut off.

"Oh don't be so dramatic, Your Highness. I'm sure you will fit right in," Soohoo spoke with a wicked smile on her face.

Y/n's eyes widened in realization as her little mind understood the intentions of her stepmother.

Soohoo lifted her chin up and headed for the door.

"I might be young, but I'm not stupid. I will return, I can return!" Y/n spat angrily as Soohoo left the room with a chuckle.

The tears never stopped as Y/n's heart clenched with sorrow. She tightly hugged herself as the overwhelming emotions of betrayal, sadness, fear, and anger consumed her.

*end of the flashback*

<Present>

Third person's POV

"Greetings your majesties!" King Jaylin greets the king and the queen of Fennis as he welcomes them, shaking each person's hands.

"Greetings to you too! I truly can't express my happiness right now, Jaylin. Our children are getting engaged, what more can I ask for in my life except for my daughter's happiness?" Odin exclaims.

Taehyung stands beside him holding the hands of his friend, Isuel. He can only think of one person at the moment when he hears his father mentioning 'my daughter's happiness'.

Y/n.

Surely her happiness meant nothing to you.

"Taehyung?" Isuel says but receives no reply as Taehyung is deep in thought.