First Move

[Chapter 5]

Third person's pov

Y/n sits alone in her room, staring at the ceiling blankly. Even though much has happened in the past few days, she hasn't forgotten the actual reason as to why she came here.

No, it wasn't to attend Jennie's wedding or to meet her family. Instead, it was to prove herself to her family and take back her rightful title and place in her kingdom.

Her life in Khastin was rough, to say the least, but the silver lining was that she received physical training there which made her stronger than before. She knew how to defend herself and all the techniques of battling, something Khastin was famous for. She exceeded the most in sword-fighting and had sharpened her sword skills to perfection.

However, all these thoughts aren't important at the moment as Y/n thinks about the problem at hand; the message she received from Reinhart Silver, crown prince of Khastin.

'I see you're having a nice time with your family, take care of them. Who knows when I'll take you back, I'm sure you remember why you were sent to me in the first place.'

Her thoughts are interrupted by a knock on her door as she looks up with a slight frown, not expecting anyone at this hour of the night.

"Come in," she calls out and the door opens to reveal a smiling Taehyung.

His hands are behind his back as if he's hiding something and he's biting his lower lip in an attempt to contain his excitement.

Y/n raises an eyebrow at her brother's giddiness and asks, "What are you hiding, Oppa?"

Taehyung frowns and says thoughtfully, "Hmm, I wonder."

Y/n as curious as ever stands up and walks up to her brother eager to find out what he's hiding. Taehyung simply chuckles at his sister before leaning away from her curious gaze.

"Yahh! What are you hiding?" Y/n cries out trying to get a peek behind her brother's back.

"Okay, okay, I'll tell you but first close your eyes," Taehyung tells her.

She does as he says and closes her eyes. He grabs her hands and places the box on her open palms.

"Ok, you can open your eyes now!" Taehyung announces and Y/n opens her eyes, glancing at the box in her hands.

Her face lights up as she sees the familiar box of paints she and her mom used when she was young and her eyes shine with unshed tears. Taehyung knows how important art is to his sister and he is pleased with her happy reaction.

He loves it when she's happy; he cares for her happiness and always will.

Y/n lets out a hearty laugh and launches herself into her brother's embrace, "Thank You, Tae, this means a lot. I love you!"

"I love you too, Chubs," Taehyung smiles.

"Anyways, what were you doing up so late?" Taehyung asks as he puts his arm around her shoulder.

Her smile vanishes and she sighs heavily, Taehyung immediately noticing her disturbed state of mind, "Is something bothering you?"

She nods and sits down with him on her bed, "You know Reinhart, right?"

"Yeah."

"Well, he sent me a message," She says with a troubled expression.

Taehyung frowns and asks, "What did it say?"

Y/n stares at him before handing him her phone.

He reads the message and raises his eyebrows, "What does he mean?"