Tessa's last day

With both eyes glossed over, I mustered the strength to focus my vision on the man desperately gripping to my right palm. The tips of his fingers drew across my bare skin discarding the pain from my system as his face tried to remain neutral. At the sight of my movement, his composed state broke rushing to his feet in a desperate need to get closer. 'Tess' he spoke with a crack which seemed all too familiar since my diagnosis became a reality, 'Shall I get someone'. The panic in his voice radiated agony as the saltwater once belonging to his left eye hit just below my shoulder. Forcing every ounce of energy I had left, I did my best to comfort his helpless state. 'No baby, I'm not in pain' I spoke honestly, his presence alone removing any trace of the feeling from my body. 'I love you' I let out simply, knowing how much the simple words mean as the final moments of my life approach. 'I love you all so much' I cried referring to the two children I bared who'd left the room moments ago with tear-stained cheeks after saying their final goodbyes. 'We love you more baby' Hardin croaked before carrying on with his final word. 'You saved me, Tess, you are my world baby, no one else even comes close' he croaked, clearly getting more emotional with each word. More tears enveloped my body as his arms looped around my neck, kissing each wet stained spot with desperation. It was moments later when I felt my eyes slip shut, the world around me stolen from my grasp as my final 7 minutes took me on a journey of my life, displaying the man I loved the most in the world and every magical moment we shared.