Bros and hoes

~~~

Disconcerted as I had been for the past three days, I trudged through the dorm area of our university. I had not seen Taehyung ever since he kissed me and I had a very good feeling he was trying to avoid me. I mean for one, he had a girlfriend and from the way things seemed, he had some sort of feelings for me, too.

At the same time I tried sorting out how I felt, but came to the conclusion that life was way too complicated and I never wanted to make another decision in my life.

Yet, here I was, walking to Taehyung's dorm. Because, as the adult I aspired to be, I needed to figure some shit out.

Things seemed eerily familiar as I took a deep breath standing in front of the door. I wonder how many more times I would be doing this.

Before I could knock, however, a voice stopped me.

"Charlotte?"

I spun around to see Taehyung standing there. He looked to be in bad shape, hair tousled, dark bags under his eyes and clothes like he'd worn them for days.

"Taehyung...", my lips parted, "Are you okay?"

"I, uh...", he scratched the back of his head, "Yeah, I just haven't been at the dorm in a bit..."

"Oh...", I echoed.

"Did you need something?", he asked awkwardly.

"Um, yeah, can we talk?", I bit my bottom lip and he nodded faintly.

"Okay...", he agreed and stepped up to the door, "Let's go inside though."

As he unlocked the door with his key and let it swing open, we were met with an unpleasant odor. The place looked and smelled like it hadn't been cleaned in... a long time. But Taehyung had only been gone for a few days.

Stepping inside, we set eyes on Jimin crouching at the coffee table in front of the sofa. He looked just as disheveled and distraught as Taehyung did, chestnut hair aloof and clothes messy. In front of him on the table lay a small piece of paper. It had one line of Korean writing on it.

"Jimin?", Taehyung addressed the boy unsurely.

Slowly raising his head, we could both see the teary tiredness in his eyes.

"Taehyung?", his voice sounded slightly raspy as he spoke.

Honestly, the whole scene was a little melodramatic. It was like Jimin and Taehyung were sadly staring at each other with both of their eyes twinkling in the light.

"What's that?", Taehyung then asked, pointing at the paper in front of his friend.

"Oh, this?", Jimin gazed down at it, "...It's a shopping list, bro..."

"A shopping list?", Taehyung echoed, "...But why is my name on it?"

"Because...", the elder sniffed dramatically, "You're the only thing I need, bro!"

"Bro!", Taehyung teared up and ran towards his friend, swinging his arms around him and holding him tight.

"I missed you so much, please don't ever leave me again!", Jimin whined as he reciprocated the embrace.

"I'm sorry for being such an asshole, I promise to be a good friend from now on!", the younger cried back, "I could never live without you!"

"Me neither!", he sobbed, "You're the most important thing in my life! We never fought this much since the dumpling incident!"

I just stood there. Watching them. I wasn't even going to ask what the fuck was happening. They were obviously having a moment.

"W-what is Char doing here, Tae?", Jimin finally spotted me and sniffled.