Hell of a party

~~~

I looked hot. I looked to die for. If I had seen myself at that party, I would be smitten.

Okay, enough pushing my own ego, but the point stands that with my short, tight, deep-emerald dress and its silky fabric slit up my thigh along with a plunging neckline, I felt irresistible. I don't think I've ever worn something this revealing and jaw-dropping, but I had gone shopping with Evie, so what could I expect? Even when I put it on that night and insisted I looked horrible and what was I even thinking, Evie pushed me out the door like the best friend she is.

But make no mistake: I was wearing this dress for myself. Not for anyone I might happen to see or that may or may not have invited me to this damn party in the first place.

That's besides the point though.

I made my way through the front doors of Delta Phi arm in arm with Evie, finally feeling almost as hot as she always looks. Of course we had pre-gamed at the dorm, otherwise I probably would've never left the house. I was giggly, giddy and already heading for my next drink.

Sipping on sweet mixed beverages with my red-haired friend, we mingled in the kitchen. Maybe it was my tipsy mind, but I felt a lot more intrigued eyes on me at that party. A whole lot more attention than I was used to.

And that's when I spotted him for the first time that night. The boy who asked me to come. The boy who was nothing but a friend to me.

Taehyung was standing not too far away from us, in the living room. I couldn't lie, those tight black pants that his silky button-down shirt was tucked into were pretty nice to say the least. He could never disappoint with his style. His deep black hair was tousled in the cute way it always was, hanging into his eyes that met mine.

His mouth opened and closed a few times as he just stared at me, his irises drifting over my outfit to take it in. It was as if he was frozen, stuck in a trance, until he took a hesitant step towards me.

But a group of noisy guys suddenly surrounded him, clasping him on the back and laughing loudly. I averted my gaze, understanding that Taehyung had many friends and it would be awhile before he would come greet me. He'd probably spend most of the party with his girlfriend anyway.

"Next drink, please", I put my empty glass down on the counter with a pout.

"Woah, there", Evie placed a hand on my arm, "In a hurry, are we?"

"Are you judging my drinking?", I narrowed my eyes at her.

"No...", she said carefully, "I'm just making sure you don't go down the deep end."

"Well, thank you but no thank you for your concern", I snapped and shoved my glass to the center of the counter.

"I'll make you a drink", some guy standing at the counter piped with grin, taking the glass and mixing something new for me.

"What's the matter, Char?", Evie sighed and looked at me expectantly.

"Nothing", I chimed back, "I'm just trying to have fun, so why don't you get off my case?"

 "Is it because of Taehyung?", she got to the point, becoming too impatient with my attitude, "Because him and Lily-"

"It's not because of Taehyung", I denied before she could finish her sentence.

"Here's your drink", the random guy slid my glass back over the counter with that same grin.

"Thank you", I smiled back politely, reaching out to grab the drink.