Chapter Five

And I will swallow my pride

You and the team enter the gym, hearing the volleyballs hit the ground and the squeaks of shoes. More than one volleyball court in the large gym and you looked around. Karasuno is the last team to show up since each school is already here. You and the team walked to the designated court that Karasuno will play on and you didn't notice the two parts of eyes following your figure.

"[Last Name], could you fill the water bottles?" Ukai asked, everyone tying their shoes and everything.

You nodded your head, gathering the empty bottles in your arms and walking towards the doors. Kiyoko and Yachi are with the other managers, probably discussing things so of course Ukai would ask you.

You yelped, bumping into someone and falling down, the bottles scattering on the ground. You fell on your bum, you put a hand to your head and you looked up, seeing Lev stare at you with a smile on his face. You heard people yell out your name and walk towards you. You looked to your sides, seeing Kuroo, Oikawa, and Yaku, but Yaku is mostly scolding Lev.

"I'm sorry, pretty lady!" Lev yelled, grabbing your wrist and helping you stand up. Before Kuroo or even Oikawa could get to you, Lev held you on his arm and he grabbed the bottles that fell to the floor. You're basically sitting on Lev's arm, your legs dangling and your arms wrapped around his neck. "I'll help you fill the bottles!"

"Lev!" Kuroo and Yaku shouted, watching the half Russian boy run out the gym with you.

Yaku gritted his teeth, going back to the courts while Oikawa and Kuroo stood still. How could Lev get to you before them? Maybe Lev wants you to himself? That thought angered Oikawa and Kuroo, both of them wanting to go after you, but their duties as captains are calling to them.

"Lev-chan, you can put me down," you said, tapping his shoulder and he shook his head, a wide smile on his face.

You wonder what possessed him to carry you like this. It is because you're body is small? Is it because you're a lot shorter than him?

"I don't wanna you to get lost, pretty lady. Since you're so short, I might lose you," Lev said, flashing you a smile and you sulked, slouching your shoulders. Yep, it is because of your height. "Plus, there's a cat near by and I wanna pet it." You had a feeling Lev liked cats. Only because almost everyone on the Nekoma team is in love with cats, especially Kuroo.

You and Lev came back, Lev finally put you down and he carried the water bottles towards Karasuno team. "Thanks, Lev," you said, placing the water bottles on the bench and he rubbed the top of your head. You've notice that when someone is taller than you, they like to rub the top of your head or put their hand on top of your head.

"Bye pretty lady!" Lev shouted, waving at you and running towards the Nekoma team. You returned his smile, watching Lev catch up with his team and you watched Yaku kick Lev in his side and Yaku scolded Lev.

You felt a tap on your shoulder, you turned your head to see Hinata and Nishinoya. "What's up, guys?"

"Thank you, Senpai!" Hinata shouted, bowing his head at you and you giggled, patting his shoulder. Hinata smiled brightly, bouncing away and going over to Kageyama. He's always so bright and happy. You might just start calling him sun.

"[Name], play a match! Please!" Nishinoya shouted, his shout being heard by Tanaka and Tanaka's eyes sparkled. The wing spiker ran towards you two, standing next to Nishinoya and holding his clasped hands together. "Please, Senpai!"

They want you to play in a practice match? What for? You're good a serving, setting, and receiving, but you can't spike the volleyball. Because Oikawa didn't teach you. If you need someone to teach you how to spike, you'll as the owl boy and probably Kuroo because he's good at blocking. You let out a sigh, shrugging your shoulders.