So Proud

Jason was so proud of Nico. The boy was so strong. Despite being through what he had, spending his life like he had, the boy was still going.

There had been a time when Jason thought that wouldn't happen. That they'd lose Nico to his dark side.

But that never happened. And Jason has never been more thankful than he was when he realised they did it.

They did it.

They anchored him to this world. To them.

Nico had finally started eating again. Nobody cared about how long it took and how much begging they had to do.

They didn't care.

They didn't care because Nico was with them. He was alive, healthy, and eating.

He had even started training with others. He was good.

It shouldn't have been hard to guess really. The boy had spent years training with old heroes and dead war veterans.

Will seemed good for Nico. He helped coax him out of shell, bring him out of his cabin more. Taught him how interact with people nicely.

Hazel, too, was proud of her brother.

She liked that she got to know the real him, love the real him.

She saw the pride he tried to hide. It didn't work. He was proud of himself, as he should be. No one was going to judge.

Knowing her brother had the support he needed, Hazel started focusing on Leo, hating how quiet and reserved he'd become after the war.

He wasn't himself. And Hazel didn't like it.

She wanted her little firebug back.