Act 1: Stop simping, Clive!

Scene 1:

It's been a year since Noah ran away. It's the 15th of January, 2019, in the morning. Right now, Clive is visiting his former high school in Sacred Falls, after a football match. He's walking in the halls, when a janitor interrupts him.

Janitor: Hello sir, you seem to be looking for something. Can I help?

Clive: No, thanks. I'm a former student. Just came to pay a visit to what used to be my second house for four years.

Janitor: Oh, I'm sorry... Wait... Clive Wallace, right? Didn't recognize you. You look so different, and so young, I thought you were some kid from another school who was lost.

Clive: (awkwardly laughs) Thanks. 

Janitor: So, make yourself at home. If you need any help, you know where my office is.

[The janitor goes back to his office. Clive keeps walking and runs into none other than Eddie]

Eddie: Clive? What are you doing here?

Clive: I'm visiting my old school. What are you doing here?

Eddie: I'm visiting my future school. I'll study here in two years.

Clive: Well that's great. The last time we talked was...

Eddie: (continuing him) That whole thing with my brother Noah... Yeah, so what have you been up to after that?

Clive: Not much. I still have the same job, and it's not a bad pay... But it's kinda boring being an adult.

Eddie: I get what you're saying.

Clive: You do?

Eddie: (enthusiastic) No! My life is awesome.

Clive: Well, enjoy while it lasts. As soon as you become an adult. life starts to suck... Gotta go now, I'm having lunch with my girlfriend. I kinda got the feeling that she wants to break up with me, when I spoke to her on the phone earlier... See, things just suck as an adult.

Eddie: Color me shocked. You keep dating these dumb, boring girls that aren't worth shit, and let them break your heart. You need to stop simping.

Clive: You're not even in high school yet, what the fuck do you know about relationships?

Eddie: I know more than you, that's for sure.

Clive: I don't think flirting with female players from Club Penguin private servers counts as being in relationships.

Eddie: (nervously) I...I don't do that. Anyways, you need to stop simping. Get a great girl. One that actually loves you back, instead of jumping from boring bitch to boring bitch.

Clive: Eddie, no relationships are perfect. Things are like this in adulthood. The perfect girl is not going to come around some day, 'cause life is not a sitcom.

Eddie: That's not entirely true... There's one thing you can do...

Clive: (interrupting him) Stop it right there! I know what you're gonna say. No! I'm not gonna pull a Noah and run away to Australia. Just no!

Eddie: You're literally visiting your former high school. You can't tell me that a part of you doesn't miss being in high school. You can't tell me that a part of you doesn't want another chance.

Clive: Let me put this in a way that you can understand: Your brother got lucky. Your brother is the luckiest motherfucker in the world. The chances of something like that working are very fucking low. He managed to do it out of luck. Real life doesn't normally work like that. You don't just go to a different country, with a fake ID, get back to high school and start dating the lesbian girl that stole your girlfriend at prom.