Act 10: The Formal

Scene 1:

It's now late December, and Term 4 is over, and so is the school year. It's also the night of the Formal. Right now, it's about one hour and a half until it starts, and Clive is at home, on his laptop, talking to Eddie on the private servers of Club Penguin.

Eddie: So, tonight is the big night, huh?

Clive: Yep, and to be honest, I still don't know if I'm going.

Eddie: Of course you're going. You're not gonna stay at home, and play flash games in your bed, when you can go to the Formal!

Clive: I would have to go without a date. It would be weird.

Eddie: No, it wouldn't... Besides, why are you even giving up so easily on this Linda girl. Are you seriously not gonna chase her down to the airport, and try to talk her out of it?

Clive: I would, but this is real life, not some weird, cheesy ending to a romantic comedy... Besides, she already left. It's a bit too fucking late for that.

Eddie: So, it's offficially game over... Well, you're still going to the Formal... C'mon, this whole journey, don't you think it deserves a great conclusion?

Clive: Yes... No... Maybe... I don't know.

Eddie: Okay, now you're just typing the lyrics to Malcolm In The Middle's theme song.

Clive: Bruh, didn't even realize it... I guess I'm really not going.

Eddie: If you're not going, then why do you have a really expensive tuxedo ready, in your closet?

Clive: Eddie! How the fuck do you know that? Are you spying on me?

Eddie: Didn't know, until just now. You obviously wanna go, deep down. Maybe you'll even meet another girl

Clive: I'm pretty sure all girls there are real teenagers, and I don't wanna be accused of statutory rape.

Eddie: So what? If you meet one, and fall in love, just wait for her to turn 18, before you smash... But in all seriousness, you know you will regret, if you don't go.

Clive: Who am I kididng? I do. I have to go see what happens.

Eddie: Cool. So you're going?

Clive: Yep.

Eddie: Nice... Good luck out there, champ.

Clive: Thanks, bro. You know, you're partially responsible for me being here right now.

Eddie: I know... Maybe I'm the next one in line. I wish I was in your position.

Clive: You're too young, wait until you turn into a massive loser in your mid 20's, and then you can do it.

Eddie: Haha... By the way, kudos to you and Noah. I'm glad you guys are friends again.

Clive: Yeah, so am I. He's the best. Hope he has a great night in Slade Island... Anyways, I gotta get dressed quickly. Bye Eddie.

Eddie: Bye, Clive.

[Clive got off his laptop, put on the tux, and looked himself in the mirror. He was a bomb. He then made sure his hair was perfect, and applied the manliest fragrance he had]

Clive: (checks his watch) It's Formal o'clock.

Scene 2:

Clive said goodbye to Reverend and Maggie, and left home. He met up with Leonard, who was waiting for him, near a liquor store, wearing a tuxedo.