1. Leaving x Whale x Island

Pan Tyche's POV

"Hey, Aunt Mito, do you think Gon will catch it?" I ask as we browse and sort the selection of fish.

"Huh? Well-"  Mito starts but is cut off by two men.

"Gon's still trying to catch the Lord of the Lake?"

"Ah, y-yes. . . He's been at it for a week, non-stop."  Mito states, continuing to sort the fish.

"He sure has been, I had to drag him back home for my birthday.  I was fine with him being out all day, but I wanted him to be home for dinner."  I tell them.

"Oh, right.  Your birthday just passed, Pan.  Seventeen, right?  Geez, you grew up too quickly." Visher sighs.  I chuckle at his exhausted expression.  "Mito, you promised he could take the Hunter's Exam if he cauht the Lord of the Lake, right?" He asks.

"What a fool!  Five adults couldn't manage to reel in that monster.  How is a child supposed to catch that beast?"  Steve ask.

"Mito doesn't want him taking the Hunter's Exam." Visher says.

"But Gon's old man was the same age when he caught it. . . I doubt he can do it."
I grind my teeth a bit.  I put the fish I was holding back down and slightly glare at the two men.

"You shouldn't say things like that.  Gon's going to catch the Lord of the Lake and then he's going to become a Hunter.  And if Gon doesn't catch him this year, there's always next year.  Either way, the two of us will become hunters eventually and the two of us will find Ging!" I declare, practically spitting out Ging's name with venom.

"You really do hate him, huh, Pan?"  Visher asks.  I nod and continue to work.

~

Not long after I continue working, a loud cheer is hear from the center of the port.

"It's huge!"
"This is the Lord of the Lake?"
"It's been twenty years!"
"I know!  It was Gon's father that time, right?"
"He's definatly his fathers son."

"Gon actually caught the Lord!  Look, Mito, Pan!" A worker calls out to us.

The worker move out of our way.  Mito and I stand behind the crowd, but still within Gon's line of view.  I stand with a smile on my face as Mito carried a small frown.  Gon sees us and rushes over.

"Mito!  Pan!  I caught the Lord, as promised. . . So I can take the Hunter's exam, right?  Right?"  Gon asks, enthusiasticlly.  Mito looks down and sighs, knowing that she can't go back on her word. "I'll do my best.  I promise to become a Hunter!" Gon shouts as he runs pas Mito, grabbing my hand and dragging me along with him.

~

"Okay, dinner is served!  I thought that since tonight will probably be the last time we all eat together, for a while, that I would make a family favourite!  So make sure to dig in!" I say as I set down the last dish of food.

"Yay!  Pan made dinner!  Her food's the best!" Gon says with a smile. 

We all sit down, Gon, Mito, and Grandma say prayers as I respectfully wait for them.  As soon as they finish, we all dig in.  Dinner lasts for about an hour.  After Gon and I finish cleaning the dishes, I rush him up to his room.

"Okay, I think it's time we start packing our stuff."

Gon and I go to our room and start pulling out things that we'll need to bring with us.  I grab Callie, my stuffed bunny, and start putting my folded clothes and roller skates into it. She was a gift from my mother, I managed to infuse some of my nen into her, in order to make it so I could use her to hold my belongings.  I added straps to Callie to make it easier to carry her around.  As I'm packing, Mito comes in.