2. New x Friends

Pan Tyche's POV

"A storm's coming." Gon states.  The man besides him looks startled.

"How can you tell, boy?"  He asks.

"That's what the seagulls are saying.  Plus. . ." Gon pinches his nose and breathes in.  Quickly he jumps on the ledge and starts to climb the shrouds, making his way to the crows nest.

"Make sure you don't fall, Gon!"  I shout up to him.  He sends me a smile and continues climbing.

Once in the crows nest, Gon exits my line of view.  Not long after he go up there, Gon leans over, revealing himself to me and the man.

"It's a huge storm that's coming!"  The man next to me lets out a small gasp in surprise.  "It's true. . . I can tell by the smell!"

~

Not long after Gon's adventure up to the crows nest, all of the examinees are ushered under the main deck.  The waves become harsh and start crashing against the ship.  Some people are being jerked around.  One pervert (not Leorio), pretended to be getting jerked around just so he could try and look under my skirt.  I, of course noticed and kicked him away from me before he could get a chance to look.  Though it's not like he would have been able to see anything, I'm wearing shorts under my skirt.

"Pan. . ." Gon starts, looking at me with a worried expression.

"Gon, he deserved it.  He was trying to look under my skirt." I explain to him.  He nods in understanding.

Once the waves start to settle down, many of the examinees are left in a sickly state.  Gon decides that he wants to help care for people.  I stand around, only help out when Gon need it.  As Gon's caring for the sick examinees, I hear the door open.  Turning around, I see the man from earlier.

"Not one of them can stand.  Pathetic.  And they're supposed to be taking the Hunter's Exam.  Ha!  What a laugh!"

"Hey, here are some herbs." Gon says, grabbing the mans attention. "If you chew them, you'll feel a little better."

"w-w-Water . . ." The guy Gon's helping requests.

"It's coming, so hold on."

The man from before looks around the room, seemingly judging everyone who's not acting sickly.  Wait, this guy's been judging everyone. . . Earlier he came in to check on everyone's status- Wait, what if this is part of the--

"Excuse me!  H-Here is your water!" Someone from the ships crew said after he came rushing in.  He handing Gon the water.

"Thanks.  Now drink your fill." Gon says feeding the water to the person he's caring too.  "Thanks.  I really appreciate it, Katsuo."  Gon say, handing the water back to him.  So, his name is Katsuo?  I guess I could try to remember it.

~

The people who weren't sick were called into the captains cabin.  There was only four people, Gon, a blonde, some guy in a suit, and me.  Standing before us is the man from before.  He must be the captain.

"First, tell me your names."  The captain requests.

"I'm Gon!" He says, raising his arm.

"I'm Kurapika." The blonde states.

"It's Leorio." The guy in a suit says.

"I'm Pan." I state.

"Why do you want to become Hunters?" The captain questions.

"Hey!  If you're not an examiner, you can't boss us around!" Leorio shouts.

"Just answer the question." The captain grumbles out.