Chapter 5 Heart Attack (FanFiction)

"So this is Lincoln? I'm Lorina Morell, Commander of S.H.I.E.L.D, you can call me Lori."

"I know you, Daisy talked about you."

"Great, because we don't have time to do greeting, we have tons of things that need you to solve."

Lorina led Lincoln to Coulson. The hologram was prepared, they were all waiting for Lincoln.

"Hello," greeted by Coulson.

"Are you ready?"

"Yes," said Lincoln.

"Good," Coulson looked at him confidently.

Fitz showed Walter's Static system on the Hologram.

"It's not a hard mission, May and Mack will go in with you,"

Fitz pointed to the red note on the Map.

"We will lead you to here, break the lock with your power, carefully, there's a man lying inside the capsule, and later, I need to put your static inside this device."

He takes out the device.

"Put the wire inside him, then turn it on, break the capsule, take the man out," a very professional mission explained by Fitz.

"Who is this guy?" Lincoln pointed to the capsule on the hologram.

"If you guys need me to help you then at least let me know why," said Lincoln.

Daisy stepped up and said, "he may be the criminal of the case that we are investigating, but we think he is brainwashed, that's why we need to save him in order to get more information."

"Daisy will have a bit training with you later, now help Fitz first," Lincoln was assigned.

"Good, I can have a lil' time." Whispered Lorina.

The Training Area

 "100, 101, 102..." Lorina was doing sit-up.

Darren walked in.

"Oh hey, what's up?" Lorina stood up and started drinking water.

"The last time I ask you why you stay, you didn't answer me, I wasn't that interested at the time. But after you got shock, I am very curious about why you stay," said Darren.

Lorina closed the water bottle and said, "it's time for you to know too."

Then she led Darren to her office.

Lorina's Office

She opened the drawer, took out a little bottle that had a piece of paper inside.

"I've met Peggy before she dies, and she gives me this," Lorina start sobbing.

"She told me that Daniel always dream of having a retired life that is playing with his grandson on the backyard. Even your father wasn't born yet, he write a letter to his grandson," Lorina handed it to him.

Then Darren start reading the paper.

She wipe her tears, then said, "Peggy thinks that I will stay by your side, that's why she gave it to me instead of Sharon."

"She told me not to give you until you are completely healed of what happened to S.H.I.E.L.D and her dead."

She saw that Darren didn't react at all, she wiped her tears and asked, "can I know what it said?

Darren hold Lorina's hand at a sudden, and said, "that's not the only reason isn't it?"

Lorina took a deep breath, then said, "yes."

"You took me out...out of a life of being a killer, a HYDRA operative, and a horrible experimental product, you saved me!"

"After all these things happened, I...I want to be the one who protect you!"

He held her, let her head lied on his shoulder. Slowly petted her head like a dog.

"You stay here because of me, thank you, really."

"Because I can't lose you too," said Darren.

"So don't you leave me again." Said Darren. They cuddle, Darren looked at her lips, they kissed.

Fitz Lab

"So this, is the charger, the drive," Fitz explained very slowly.

"You...you can speed up a bit, I know English," said Lincoln.

Fitz showed up a confused face. Simmons walked by and said, "come on Fitz, Lincoln is a doctor."

"So, put your static in the drive, carefully, don't destroy it."

Fitz turn on the drive.

Lincoln slowly put the static inside the drive.

"Woah woah woah stop stop,"

Lincoln stopped because he was scared by Fitz.

"You're blowing the drive away man,"

"I'm so sorry."

"Fitz! You're scaring him!" Simmons yelled.

 "Am...Am I? I'm so sorry."

"That's alright," replied Lincoln.

Daisy couldn't hold her laugh in the corner, Lincoln turned around and said, "come on, I'm the new kid."

"Alright alright, Fitz do you still need Lincoln?" Asked Daisy.

"No."

"Come on, let's go have some training."

The Training Area

Daisy pasted the boxing gloves to Lincoln, said, "wear it."

Then she turned around to take hers as well.

Lincoln suddenly caught Daisy's hand, she turned around.

"Look, I gave up everything to come here just to help you. So I don't want it turns out dying, you better have a tough training for me," said Lincoln and he slightly smiled.

"Trust me, it will be interesting when you're with me."

"And promise me, make good with your power," said Daisy.