CHAPTER 1

AT PRESENT

AT PRESENT

"How long have I been stuck here!"Alishka murmured,as she sat in the Uber.Traffic problems always existed in Dhaka,but now it became much more bearable,thanks to the flyovers built.She checked her watch. 8.00. Oh well.Maa wouldn't mind that much but surely would worry.And so would Baba.

Just then her phone rang. "Yes Maa!"Alishka said,the moment she picked the call. "Yeah,traffic is heavy today.Hmm.Yeah I'm coming soon.Yeah ok bye!" Alishka began hoping her mom wouldn't call again to ask the same question.

Alishka checked Instagram. Well it was the usual with celebrities posting their 'perfect life' all over.As she kept on scrolling she came across her mutual friend Mia's post.

It was with her fiancé Taran. They were finally getting married.They both had been dating since grade 6 and now they finally convinced their families to accept each other.Quite dramatic but as Alishka would say they were made for each other.

She liked the post and commented congrats. A second later her phone beeped.It was a message from Mia.

Mia: Hey Alishka

Alishka:Hi Mia.Congrats❤️❤️Im  so happy for you two.

Maya:Thanks so much!!
Hey you are coming to our wedding right??

Alishka: Umm..does Taran want that?Like did he  ask you to invite me?

Maya:Of course.Tanya,Shreya,Ayan are all coming.And of course that means Taran will want you to come.Oh come on Alishka,you are a nice friend of us.

Alishka:isn't it obvious Ayan will come?I will come if you want.

Maya:Yes please come.Don't avoid us.

Alishka:okay I'll come❤️

Maya:❤️❤️❤️

Alishka shut the down the app.She didn't even realize when the car had started to move and she was almost home.Well,Taran and Mia's wedding.Why will she avoid it?After all,they were her friends too.Even though she had met them through Ayan,but still.

Oh wow.She just realized that she was gonna meet Ayan after a long time.Even though they regularly liked
each other's posts on insta,they rarely talked now.Everything had changed in these years.Wow 12 freaking years.

She also had rarely talked to Shreya now.The only person she contacted a tad bit more than them was Tanya.

The Uber pulled up near her building.She paid the driver and got down,her laptop bag pulling her hand down due to the weight.

As Alishka entered her flat,her mom engulfed her in a bear hug and told her that she missed her.Alishka smiled and moved to give her father and her younger sister a hug.

Alishka went to her room and freshened up.Dinner was served and she enjoyed the meal time with her family.After that she sat down to do some work but realized her concentration was all over the place.

She grabbed the keys of the terrace,her phone and earphones and decided to go to her favorite place. "Where are you going at this time of the night?"her mom asked her surprised. "To the terrace,"Alishka replied. "Oh well be careful!"

Alishka walked up the stairs to the top most part of the terrace,and sat down on the high wall,by climbing to seat on it.From there there could be seen an awesome view of the city.

Alishka put her earphones on and decided to listen to some of her favorite songs.The wind,calming music and the colossal height gave peace to her....and drifted her off to her own thoughts.......

AND HERE IS THE VERY FIRST CHAPTER IF THIS BOOK!!
I know it was kinda boring but I had to show almost everything for your understanding.
Gradually the detailing will increase but I promise to make it more interesting.Also I'll add some more characters who will also be integral to the story
Anyways so how's the chapter????
If you liked it then make sure to hit the star 🌟 icon and make it orange 💕💕💕💕