Chapter 7

"Throwback to the memories I don't want to remember."

Alishka tried her best to curb her anger

Alishka tried her best to curb her anger.Somehow the past memories where haunting her,but she tried to keep a smile to hide her true emotions.

"I'm working as an intern in a bank,"Anushka replied. "What about you both?" "I'm a lawyer,"Tanya
replied. "That's great!What about you Alu?"Anushka asked.

Alishka almost grimaced.Why did she have to call her Alu? "I'm a journalist for the Daily Star,"Alishka replied,smiling to hide her anger.

"Oh wow!I am so happy for you!"Anushka seemed genuine enough.

Just then Taran and Maya came up to them. "Hi Anushka,hi Tanya!"Taran greeted the girls. "Hi,I'm so happy for you both,"Anushka said. "Thanks,"
Taran replied.Alishka caught Taran giving her a look. But she pretended to ignore.

"Where's Ayaan?The ceremony will start soon,"Taran asked Maya."Give him a call,"Maya suggested. At that very moment,Ayaan came up behind Taran. "Buddy!So sorry I'm late!"Ayaan laughed and apologized.

"As always,"Taran agreed. Maya giggled.Alishka looked at Ayaan.He looked quite good,but changed.She felt her heart racing somehow. "Hey girls,"Ayaan walked up to the three girls standing there.

"Hi Ayaan,"Alishka greeted him as formally as she could,moving in for a handshake. "Hey Alishka,How are you?"he asked,shaking her hand.

"I'm good,what about you?"she asked. "I'm good too.Hey Tanya,little buddy!"Ayaan moved to give Tanya a small hug. "You forgot your little buddy?"Tanya complained. "Sorry man I was super busy.Hi Anu,"he finally looked at Anushka.

Alishka saw something in his eyes.But she couldn't read the emotion behind them. "Hi Ayaan,"Anushka greeted him with a sweet smile. "You look good btw buddy!"Tanya piped up. Ayaan laughed and said, "Thanks,you all look good too,"

Just then a person came up to them and told them that the engagement was about to start

Just then a person came up to them and told them that the engagement was about to start.The four moved towards the stage.Alishka felt suffocated by now.She was wishing she hadn't come.

Ayaan too felt a bit uncomfortable.He was seeing Alishka,his ex best friend after such a long time. How things had changed!

And even Anu was here.Someone he loved so much back then,his ex girlfriend. But they both were very good friends now,even better than he was with Alishka. He felt a surge of mixed emotions.

Tanya was feeling lonely.She kept on wishing that things wouldn't be awkward but of course it had to be weird. "All because of Anushka!"she thought angrily.

The ceremony began.Taran's parents and younger sister Taisha stood beside the couch where the couple sat.Maya's parents stood beside her.The couple exchanged rings.Everyone clapped.

"Oh I'm so happy for them!"Anushka squealed.Tanya threw a look at her.This girl has always been this melodramatic.

"She's being so extra I'll slap her I tell you!"Alishka hissed at Tanya,who giggled. "Keep calm babes,"Tanya said. She turned to Ayaan and asked, "Where's Shreya?" "I don't know,let me call her!"he got out his phone and walked away to call her.

Maya and Taran got off the stage.Everyone congratulated them as they made their way. "Congrats buddy!"Ayaan gave Taran a big hug,as he came back.

"Thanks buddy!Hey,where's Dhara?"
Taran asked. Tanya and Alishka looked at each other in confusion. "She's late,you know she takes a lot of time to get ready!"Ayaan gave a forced laugh. "Who's Dhara?"Alishka asked,curiously. "Oh...umm my girlfriend,"Ayaan replied in a quiet voice.

Alishka felt as if someone had slapped her. On the outside she said, "Oh umm congratulations.Since when?" "About 6 months,"Ayaan replied. "Congrats!"Tanya also replied with a forced smile.

Anushka was the only one who looked as if she knew about this twist. Apart from Maya and Taran,who had by now realized that Alishka and Ayaan didn't have contact now. Ayaan's phone rang,and he walked away to pick it up. Anushka,and the couple also walked away. Alishka and Tanya stood silently. "I'm sorry.Are you ok?"Tanya looked at Alishka.

"Course I'm.I hope she's better than Anushka and me,"Alishka smiled. "Course you wouldn't compare yourself with that girl.We don't even know how Dhara looks,"Tanya said.

"We will see!"Alishka shrugged.Ayaan came back,this time with a girl,most probably Dhara.

"Girls,my girlfriend Dhara.Dhara,my friends Alishka and Tanya,"Ayaan introduced Dhara to the girls.

"Hi you both!So nice to finally meet you!"Dhara gushed. "I've heard so much about you all,Alishka,Tanya and Shreya.Where's Shreya?"Dhara looked at Ayaan. "She's not here yet,"Ayaan explained. "He told you about us?even me?"Alishka asked her,smirking as she looked at Ayaan. "You are so pretty!"Tanya piped up from the side.

"Thank you so much,you both are so beautiful too!"Dhara said.

As Tanya asked Dhara about her profession (she was a doctor) and other various things,Ayaan and Alishka caught each other's eyes

And a thousand emotions passed through them.

HERE IS THE LONGEST LONGEST CHAPTER EVER WOHOOO YAYAYYAYA

SO HOWS IT?I HAVE MANAGED TO INTRODUCE ALMOST EVRYONE,and then I realized Shreya didn't come to the party 😒😒😒Anyways how's it??

Do vote and comment your all's thoughts 💜💜💜