Chapter 8

"We are just strangers who once knew each other's everything"

Alishka moved to the snacks table.She was still trying to process everything.
Ayaan.Dhara.Ayaan-Dhara.Anushka.

She was wishing she had not come to this place at all.As she grabbed herself a juice,she saw Ayaan walking towards her.Tanya and Dhara were still talking. "Shreya hasn't yet come,as always late,"he said after he
reached her. "Hmm,"Alishka said,sipping on her drink.

"How are you?"Ayaan asked her.
"I'm fine.How are you?"she asked him.

"Yeah,good."There was a pause,before they both spoke up together.Alishka saying, "So how did you meet Dhara?"
while Ayaan saying, "How's your work going?"

They both gave a little laugh. "You go ahead first,"Ayaan said,smiling.
"Work is going good.Although sometimes I don't even know what am I doing,"Alishka laughed. "I've read your articles,they are pretty good.But then again you've always been a good writer,"Ayaan said.

"Thanks.How's your job going?"
Alishka asked.Ayaan was an IT specialist. "It's good I guess.I mean at least I get to make use of the subjects I had taken back then,"Ayaan said.

"Yes.Hey!Going back to my first question.How did you meet Dhara?"
Alishka's heart raced as she waited for his answer. "Well...my sister got her home one fine day.She had met Dhara through a friend.So yeah.We began talking and...well that's how we ended up together,"Ayaan explained.

"Oh that's nice.How's your sister and family though?"Alishka asked. She didn't say anything else about the fact that Ayaan had never told her that he was in a relationship.

"They are good.How's your family?"he asked. "They are good too."There was a silence. Suddenly they saw Shreya walking towards them. "Hi!So sorry I'm late!"she said in an excited way,after reaching them. "When are you not late?"Ayaan asked and laughed. Shreya gave him a light punch on his arm. "You look good,"Alishka gave a compliment.

"Thanks so much!You look beautiful too!"Shreya gushed.

"Where's Shayan?"Ayaan asked her.
"Oh today he had an important meeting,so he couldn't come.He will come to the next function,"Shreya explained. "Oh.How's your life going?"Ayaan asked her.They began talking and Alishka remained quiet.
She felt left out completely.

"I'm going to go home,"she said suddenly. "What?Why?Stay na,for some time,I just came!"Shreya said.
"Yeah,stay,"Ayaan said.

"No I'll go.I've an important meeting tomorrow,"Alishka said. "Oh okay,bye!"Ayaan said and Shreya said together.

Alishka walked away to Taran and Maya.She told them that she was leaving.They thanked her for coming and told her to must attend the next function.She said she will come.

She then found Tanya and told her that she was leaving.Tanya told her to stay but Alishka said about her meeting. Dhara was listening to them and then said to Alishka, "It was so nice to meet you!Hope we will meet in the next function,"

"Yes,it was nice to meet you too and surely we will meet later,"Alishka replied with a smile.. "Hey let me add you on Instagram!"Dhara said.

Alishka looked at Tanya,panicking.She didn't want a repeat of the past. "Sure,"Alishka muttered. "My id is dhara__khan,"Dhara said,smiling.
"Ok,wait,"Alishka took out her phone,and opened Instagram.

She searched up Dhara. "Yeah I found you,sending you a request,"Alishka said smiling. "Yes got it!Let me accept you and follow you back!"Dhara giggled. Alishka got her request and added her. "Ok I'll go now.Bye guys!" Alishka said,giving Tanya a quick hug.

She called an Uber and finally headed home after the first function's madness.And there was yet more to come.....

AND I HAVE UPDATED UPTO 8 CHAPTERS IN A ROW AND CONSTANTLY 💜💜

How's the update?

So readers I really hope you guys drop in your comments and not only vote,I need the feedback ✨✨

Do vote and comment and enjoy ❤️