6| The Issue

________________________

Testimonial #007

MATTEO FORTALEZA (32)

Owner and CEO, Mindy's, Owner and CEO, Volare Holdings

________________________

(Boss, ano po ba'ng nakita niyong mali for the past five days na nandito kayo?)

"There's a clear lack of efficiency here. First off, the kitchen staff move with the speed of sluggish turtles. There's no urgency to get orders out. It's obvious that both the line cooks and the manager are failing spectacularly at their jobs.

"Then there's the dining area. The waitstaff are idling and chitchatting, trying to dodge their actual responsibilities. Used tables stay uncleaned for way too long.

"During peak hours, guests are being neglected. I've seen disgruntled customers leaving because of this pervasive laziness. And don't even get me started on the smelly toilets. This is severe mismanagement on Evelyn's part.

"Considering these fundamental issues likely reflect the company's broader financial state, I suspect similar problems are happening in other branches.

"It's about time for upper management to step in. But, you know what? Retraining is expensive and not always effective. Firing inefficient people, however, is quick and cost-effective.

"Okay, Annie, is that enough?"

(Yes po, Boss. Okay na po. Hoy, Kendra! Mag-abot ka nga ng isang bottled water kay Boss, dali!)

__________

Jodie

My hand tingles from the impact on Matteo Salvatore's jaw, and I can't help but stare at it in disbelief. I've never slapped anyone before, not once in my life, and now I'm caught in this whirlwind of emotions. Part of me wants to laugh, like this bizarre moment deserves some kind of victory dance. Another part of me wants to keep riding the wave of anger, just to see where it takes me.