𝐎𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐔𝐏𝐎𝐍 𝐀 𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐌

━━ why did you
do it?

━━ i did it for him. it was
all for him.

━━━━━━ ❝ 𝐬𝐲𝐧𝐨𝐩𝐬𝐢𝐬 ❞ ━━━━━━

     juniper marigold was an outsider without a voice. she stood among a group of heroes who smiled at crowds, waved to their fans, and thanked them for supporting them, while she hide behind them underneath her hood, giving up on sending timid smiles to flashing lights because people started to believe that she was ungrateful. no one but the heroes around her knew that if she could express her gratitude, she would. but though her lips and tongued moved, her body could not produce sounds. she was robbed of her voice long ago and could no longer remember what she sounded like.

     it was impossible. life was impossible. she sat at the dinner table and listened to everyone around her laugh and make jokes, bonding over the latest mission or an upcoming one. and she never said anything because she couldn't. her hand motions went unnoticed, failing against the loud booms of garfield logan's laughter and cassie sandsmark smashing her fist (as gently as she could) into tim drake's arm. it was impossible for her to connect, to enjoy life, to be happy. and it was impossible for her to believe that she was worthy of standing next to them in a battle, fighting criminals.

     juniper marigold did not think that she was a hero or anything even close. she was an outsider, not part of the outsiders.

     and that made her easy prey for the joker, who was looking to replace the robin he had killed years ago.

sophia tatum. . .𝐉𝐔𝐍𝐈𝐏𝐄𝐑 "𝐉𝐔𝐍𝐄" 𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐎𝐋𝐃

❛❛ she spoke elegantly with her delicate hands ❜❜

as described. . .𝐉𝐀𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐓𝐎𝐃𝐃

❛❛ he fell into her embrace and shattered ❜❜

══════════════════════

𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒
there will be profanity, violence, blood&gore, murder, mentions of torture, and mentions of mental health. read at your own risk.

𝐂𝐎𝐏𝐘𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓
copyright © 2020 | all rights reserved. no part of this publication may be reproduced, translated, copied.

𝐃𝐈𝐒𝐂𝐋𝐀𝐈𝐌𝐄𝐑
i do not own dc, or any of the characters, plot-lines, or dialogue from the show or comic books. however, i do own juniper marigold, as well as her backstory, her storyline, and i also own any additional characters that do not belong to dc comics.

𝐕𝐈𝐒𝐔𝐀𝐋𝐒
graphics shown in this book are created by me unless i say otherwise. please don't attempt to steal or plagiarize my story itself or the visuals.

𝐃𝐄𝐃𝐈𝐂𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍
this book is dedicated to anyone who is ready to get their hearts ripped out. enjoy :)

𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄
so juniper got into a car accident when she was very young, which led to her having to go through surgery and they ended up having to remove her vocal box. therefore, she cannot speak or make any sounds. instead of going through treatment to learn different ways to speak (such as esophageal speech), she merely uses sign language to communicate. this book is a part of the 'golden kingdoms' series where each oc has a trait that makes them "different. you do not need to read every story or read them in order, none of them are connected, they just share a similar concept.

══════════════════════