Chapter Twenty-Two

(Madison's POV)

My fingers quivered as I hung up the phone. Kat looked up at me, pure sadness in her eyes. "Baby..." I cut her off, placing my finger up to her lips. "Please just hold me." She nodded, and sat up, allowing me to sit between her legs, She wrapped her arms around me, and I fell back into her chest, holding her hands, and crying. She rocked back and forth, trying to calm me, but at this point, I didn't know one thing that could calm me. We would have to tell everyone what we did. And we'd get turned in. And we'd go to jail. But worst of all... I wouldn't get to see Kat. Kat looked down at me and sighed, rubbing my cheek. "Everything is going to be alright, I promise." I shook my head, and sat up. "Kat, you don't understand. We have to get a legal guardian to say Mikey can stay on oxygen. Otherwise, they're cuttin it off, and he dies. I can't lose my best friend Kat... I can't." She nodded, and handed me my cell phone, holding my other hand. "Make the call baby." I nodded, and began dialing in her number, when Kat squealed, and took my phone from me. "What baby? What's wrong?" I asked, getting scared. She took deep breaths, and smiled at me. "How old is Nicolette?" She asked. "Eighteen... W-" My eyes widened as I realized... "NICOLETTE CAN GO TELL THEM TO KEEP THE OXYGEN ON." Kat nodded, smiling. "Oh my God... YOU'RE FUCKING BRILLIANT BABY." I laughed, and picked her up, spinning her around. We fell on my bed, laughing, and then the room got quiet, and we just looked into each other's eyes. "I love you too...." I whispered. "What?" Kat asked. "I said I loved you too." I smiled. She blushed, and kissed me hard. I said it, and the thing is? Because of this moment, she made me realize I meant it....