Chapter Fifteen

(Kat's POV)

I sat next to Madison in the back of the taxi as we drove to the hospital. The drive was silent, we never even looked at each other the whole time. Madison stared straight ahead the whole time, his eyes glassy with tears. I sighed, and looked down at my phone, a new text from an Unknown number. My stomach turned as I opened it, and what a shocker, it was a text from Keith:

I suggest you get away from him while you can. If you stick around any longer, I'll make sure you end up the same way as Mikey.

I tapped Madison on the shoulder, and he slowly turned to me. "Hm?" I looked down at my phone, his eyes followed mine, and I could hear his breathing get heavier. I looked at him, tears found their way out of his eyes and down his face. I reached out and wiped them away, and his heaving chest began to slow down. He looked at me, and opened his mouth to speak, but no words escaped. I sighed, and pressed my lips to his. He kissed me passionately until we pulled up to the hospital. We both got out of the taxi, and I grabbed his hand in mine as we walked in. We went to the front desk, and the lady directed us to Mikey's room. When we walked in, the sight of him connected to all those wires caused me to turn away, my eyes filled with tears. We were told by the doctor he was lucky to be alive. The car hit directly into his side of the car, straight where he was sitting. He should've been gone instantly, and it was entitled as a miracle that he was still alive. I turned back around when I heard the sobs coming from Madison. He was kneeling next to Mikey, his head against the railing, sobbing his eyes out. The whole thing made me tear up too. I went over to Madison, and helped him up, and enveloped him into a hug. He sobbed into my hair, and I robbed his back. As we stood there, I said a little prayer to myself. Dear God, please let Mikey get better....