Come with me

The next day.

The gang were gathered in the dining hall for breakfast.
The mood was bittersweet for them all, not knowing when they would get together again.

Iroh.

He had been watching the young war heroes, mainly his young friend and the Avatar.

He hoped Toph had heeded his advice and took a risk.

Hearing his son clear his throat from the head of the table, he turned his head towards him.

Noticing the way his new daughter in law, smiled encouragingly at him, excitement stirred in his belly.

Maybe they were going to tell them all they're pregnant, he was more than ready to be a grandpa.

"Well, you all remember when I told you about the conversation I had with my father after his imprisonment" he looked at Katara and she nodded.

"We've decided to search for my mother."

Only slightly disappointed, Iroh smiled at the young couple.

"Good for you my boy! If you'd like, I will stay here and watch over thing's for you while you're gone."

"What about your tea shop uncle Iroh?" Katara asked him.

He waved a hand.
"It will still be there. Besides, though tea is one of the best things in life, family will always come first."

"We'll help you buddy! Or I will as much as I can. Get a lot to do before the baby comes." Sokka said smirking.

Gasps sounded around the table.

"Oh my gosh! Really?! That's amazing!" Katara ran to hug her brother and sister in law.

"Congratulations guys." Aang embraced them next.

"I'm happy for you sokka." Zuko said clapping his shoulder.
Then turned to Suki.

"We have an outstanding medical team here, you are more than welcome to stay." He offered.

"That means so much Zuko, but I think we'll be having this baby on Kyoshi island." She said smiling at her husband.

Toph came up and punched Sokkas shoulder.

"Ow! Why'd you hit me?"

"Well I can't Suki and that's how I show affection. You're welcome."

They all laughed.

********
Zuko.

He was actually sad to see them go.
He'd gotten use to having them around again.

Katara came up behind him and wrapped her arms around his waist.

"I'm gonna miss them too."
She said.

He sighed, turning to put his arms around her and kissed her.

"Are you packed yet?" He asked. They were leaving shortly after the others to begin their search.

"Yep. Now let's go say goodbye to everyone." As she turned to leave, he pulled her back to his chest, smiling suggestively.

"We have a few minutes don't we?"

"Later. Now come on!"

He groaned but followed.

He'd hold her to that.

********
Aang.

Saddling up Appa, he debated on what to do.

He wanted to help his friend find his mother but also needed to get back to the air temple to finish rebuilding it.
So far he was the only earthbender there that could.