Chapter One

Uncle Vernon's snoring was as loud and obnoxious as ever. Harry was again locked in his room for something that wasn't his fault. He was treating the new scrapes and bruises on his chest and stomach.

Vernon has managed to land a punch right in the ribs. He suspected a few were bruised or cracked. He was in a world of hurt, wincing at the slightest movement. He'd managed to pop something back into place, which sent a new wave of pain, but he had to keep quiet, or risk waking Uncle Vernon up.

He had only poked and prodded until now, dreading what the damage looked like. He looked down to see skin of all different colors, yellows, blues, purples, blacks. He felt a little queasy, his head swimming, insides churning.

'At least it wasn't the belt'

That thought popped into his head along with so many other worse scenarios. But what he needed right now was a way to get better, not fill his head with things that'll only make it worse. Then, he had an idea.

He has considered this option before, but he worried they would find him, send him back, make him go through it all over again. But he was smarter than before, more mature. He wasn't going to get caught.

He was going to run away.

***Sorry the first chapter is short, just had to kick the story into motion***