Chapter 4/After the Graduation

"Yo Bethany,Spence,and Marth do y'all want to come over to my house and party all night long!"Fridge proclaimed.Thats when all of my friends nodded expect myself,"I would love to go gang it's just I'll be you all there later on okay?"They nodded and walked away towards their vehicles.
(Alex POV)
I didn't fully understand why I even was at Bethany's graduation? What's been getting into you?! I was just carrying Andy in one arm and I was holding onto Beth's hand.I was making my way to the parking lot when I noticed I was parked right beside Bethany I've just seen her as a friend but nothing more when I unlocked my minivan and buckled Andy in his car seat and along with Beth."Hey Alex how have you been? It's been a while since we seen each other,"I've heard that voice many times before in my life and when I turned around I've noticed Bethany standing outside of her vehicle staring at me with a smile,"I've been really well Bethany how about yourself? And yes it's been a while since we haven't seen each other."We were both staring at each other while smiling that's when she broke the silence,"So ummmm Alex why did you come to my graduation?"Bethany said, why kind of question was that?! "Well Bethany it's what friends are for right?" She nodded her head,"Oh Beth would you like to stay connected since we're friends and all."
(Bethany POV)
Was Alex Vreeke asking for my phone number?? "I would very much like that Alex well it's (530)394-0602 so talk later then?"he nodded that's when he walked up to me and hugged me rather gently I smelt is cologne it smelt so nice just like him that's when he pulled apart and he told me with a smile to his eyes,"See ya around Bethany!"Before I knew it Alex was driving away in his van along with his two children even though his car already disappeared from my sight and finally responded,"I don't really know if we can see each other anymore but yeah see ya around maybe,"I whispered to myself,why would Alex even be friends with a group of teenagers especially me? Well first of all he's married and has a family whom he loves why would he fall for a young girl like me in the first place anyways?! While I was standing beside my car I've received a text from Fridge.

Fridge:Yo Bethany where the hell are you? It's been like an hour and we need you Beth before we depart our own ways for college and the future I miss ya! Come to the party!!
Bethany:I just finished talking to Alex so I'll meet you there in just a minute okay Fridge?
Fridge:Hold up girl! You talked to Alex! That's a great thing girl but yeah make it to the party we'll all waiting to see you!!

I opened the door to my vehicle while driving to Fridge's house when I parked outside of his home I expected crowds of teenagers with alcohol.But in reality it was just the team which was rather odd since before I even became his friend he was the most popular jock in high school but now a lot of stuff as changed since Jumanji and I'm very happy about that.When I made my way to the front door I knocked rather softly then the door swung open by Fridge's mom Maria," Bethany isn't that you? I didn't expect you'd come visit or anything-"That's when she got interrupted by her son,"Mama that's my best friend Bethany I invited her to my "party"he used his fingers when he said party because well it didn't look like one,"Well Anthony I'm your mother and I don't want you to invite any of your weird classmates or bring any alcohol you live under my roof you understand me? So you can only have your true best friends come to your graduation party."He nodded his head and made eye contact towards me while stating to his mom,"I do understand you mama it's just that I don't want Bethany to freeze her butt off or anything."That's when she saw me standing in the cold just in a long sleeve shirt and she let me in her beautiful home and the door shut rather loudly.