Chapter one

How has a year past?
Dean was thinking as he got Connie and DJ ready for school. It has been a year since he last Lucy and Sam. When he has returned to the home he shared with her and Lisa, Ben's mother, he didn't know how he was going to explain what they had lost. DJ did not handle it well at all. He was a mess and he refused to talk for months. Dean didn't know what to do so he had called Lisa to meet him outside. They had returned a day before him as they had been at Bobby's.
"How am I going to tell them? What do I even say?" Lisa had tears in her eyes as she put a hand on my shoulder.
"Just tell them she's gone. Constance may not understand but DJ just needs to know that you're there for him. He won't be okay." I had nodded and faced my eldest son and my daughter in a way I had never thought I'd have to.

"Dad, where's my stuff. I need to go." Deej yelled, pulling me out of my memories. I quickly got up from the table and found his backpack hanging in the front closet.
"Here. Now get your sister and get in the car. Lis? Lisa I'll be back after I drop the kids off." Ben stumbled down the stairs with his things and ran after his brother and sister in hopes of getting shotgun. Which today was not in his favor.
I quickly adapted to life as a single father and quit hunting so I could full time. I worked for a construction company and was able to be home before the kids got back from school. It was a hard adjustment but Lisa and I quickly made it work, though the third parent was obviously missed.

So sorry it's so short. I hadn't posted in a long time and I promised this weeks ago so I wanted to just get something up for y'all to read.