17: An Angel Gets Hitched

WARNING: This chapter contains minor gore, violence, and sexual scenes. Please use discretion when reading.

I nervously got dressed in the morning.

It was finally the day I got to go home and see Cas again. I was nervous about that, but the thing truly looming over me was our wedding. It was in two days.

Honestly, I was really and truly excited to be married to Castiel, it was just -- every time I thought about walking down the aisle, my breathing would quicken and my heart would pound. My hands were sweating and I decided to just start driving.

I got behind the wheel of my beloved Baby pretty early in the morning and started driving back to Lebanon, to the bunker. I sang along to my music, got some breakfast, and just drove.

Around midday, Sam called me. "Hey, Sammy," I answered.

"Hey, Dean--"

"Tell him I said hi! Sam, come on!" A voice was excitedly yelling.

"Calm down, would you?" Sam was talking, but not to me. His voice became clear again. "Sorry," He said. I heard his footsteps and the yelling voice got quieter.

"It's alright, Sam," I said. "Who is that?"

"Gabriel," Sam answered. "He's been... hanging out for the past few days."

I cocked my head and raised my eyebrows. "Hanging out?" I shrugged with one shoulder — the other was still injured. "I didn't know you and Gabe were a thing."

"It just, sorta -- it's recent. How was your hunt?" He changed the subject almost too quickly, and I could practically see him blush.

I just chuckled and didn't press. "It was alright," I nodded. "One of the vampires got my shoulder pretty good," I subconsciously shifted under the bandage I put on it the night before. "But I'm alright. Are you and --" I paused so briefly, "-- Cas doing alright?"

Sam took notice and chuckled, "Already forgot his name, huh?"

I made a bitchface, even though he couldn't see it, and actually considered hanging up. "Shut up, Sam," I grumbled.

"Oh, come on, I'm joking."

"Yeah, whatever," I rolled my eyes. "What have you two -- three -- been doing all week?"

"Well, Cas has a surprise for you, which I'm not going to spoil," He paused, like he was picking his next words carefully. "And Gabe and I -- we just hung out for awhile."

I scoffed. "You got laid, didn't you?"

Sam groaned in annoyance. "Do you know how you sound, sometimes, man?"

I grinned. "Now you're just dodging the question."

Sam groaned again, "No, we didn't do anything," He said finally. "I mean we -- he kissed me, so that was nice."

"Aw, Sammy's got a boyfriend," I mocked in a sing-song voice, and he hung up. I laughed and set my phone down.

I turned my music up and thought about how I was going to greet Cas. I was thinking maybe either a hug or a make out session. I debated it in my head for quite awhile, imagining things.

I wanted to save the sex for our wedding night because it was supposed to be special, or something like that — both Sam and Cas had talked to me about it and what I took away from it was that wedding nights are special.

I shook my head at that word, special, just because it didn't express what I felt. I couldn't put into words what I felt, exactly, but I knew Castiel was more than just a guy. More than just someone to think about making out with, or actually make out with, because he was someone more than that. He was someone to spend the rest of your life with, someone to love wholly and unconditionally.