ten.

"kita shinsuke. it's a pleasure to formally meet you."

"kita-kun?"

"yup! my other best friend!"

number two! she's friends with me 'cause i saved her life

that's why i'm in her life, i'd

have to be naive to set that aside, maybe that is why

i introduced her to shinsuke, so that he's in her life

nice going michinari, she was right.

you will never be satisfied.

akagi knew that if he had never stepped foot on that roof that day, five years ago, he would never have met l/n. for all he knew, she could've be dead by now.

he was a part of her life because he saved it. he wasn't stupid or naive though. sure, he was an overly optimistic person, but he did take note of the things going on around him. he knew the two of them were only friends because of that encounter five years ago.

that would be the reason why she stuck around. along with the fact akagi was l/n's first true friend.

when akagi saw l/n and kita finally able to hold conversations, he wasn't sure how he felt. 

it wasn't his heart breaking, but he felt a sudden twinge of pain at the realisation, things would change soon.

he felt happy for his two friends of course, but he couldn't help but think of a world where kita and l/n weren't made for each other. he loved l/n with his whole heart, and he was having trouble embracing himself for the pain ahead. he knew kita and l/n were made for each other, and he didn't want to get in the way of that.

even so, he wished l/n could return his feelings. he wished he could be a little more than just a friend to her. he knew how lovers worked, and he knew he'd end up in second place.

but was it selfish of him to ask for more?