Chapter 4: "Well, this is welcome home"

Hello everyone! This is quite a long chapter, I hope you enjoy it!

Nope, not C.S. Lewis, all rights go to him.

...

Chapter 4: "Well, this is welcome home"

"EDMUND! WATCH OUT!" I turned around, still on the floor and with the faun on top of me, just when an arrow hit the place where my hand was a second earlier.

Suddenly all the people and creatures around me started yelling and running in every direction with fear as more arrows were shoot.

"PROTECT THE KINGS AND QUEENS!" he heard Diácano command to his men, and instantly a human-creature shield was created in front of him as he managed to get up from the floor.

Quickly and drawing my sword, I went running to Lucy's side. the men creating the shield following me closely. Chaos all around.

"Edmund! Oh my God! What's going on?" she said desperately.

"I don't know! Where are Peter and Susan?"

"Ed!" shouted Peter running to our side dragging Susan by one hand and with the other covering both of them with his shield as more arrows passed flying around us. "Lucy, are you alright?" he asked her worriedly taking her shoulders.

She nodded, still confused.

"What happened?" I asked him.

"Your Majesties! Are you alright?"it was King Erasmus; by his side the lady I supposed was his wife.

"Yes! Yes! What is going on?" I asked again pulling Susan to my side as an arrow flew past her.

"HANG ON THE SHIELD! PROTECT YOUR MAJESTIES!" Diácono was shouting at the top of his lungs.

"Calormens" He simply said "We need to protect Cair Paravel"

«Great. »

"Okay, we have to gather as much men as possible." Said Peter and then asked: "where are they? I can't see them!"

"They are by the entrance, your majesty" quickly answer Queen Calantha next to the King.

"Good. Any idea how many are them?" Asked Peter, the lady shook her head "Then we will form lines and see if we are in advantage or disadvantage." said Peter thinking quickly.

Diácano looked at his King who nodded and then hurried off with the other centaur, quickly getting lost into the multitude.

In less than five minutes, Diácano came out of the multitude again, having gathered more than seventy men in front of the big doors of Cair Paravel.

"We are almost ready, your Majesties" he said signaling to the crowd that were being instructed by his second in command. "The calormens are in disadvantage, they are like fifty and they are all gathered in the entrance" he informed.

"Perfect. Now, Susan, go with the archers and position in the main stairs" Peter ordered, Susan looked terrified.

"Are you out of your mind?! I haven't shot an arrow in years! I won't make it! I can not lead these men!" she shouted.

"Now it is no the time for panic Susan! Get yourself together! " I shouted to her face. She was stunned.

"No Edmund! You don't uderst-" she started saying, she looked very scared, but I was having none of that.

"Susan once a queen always a queen" I spoke to her slowly and remarking each word looking at her in eye seriously.

She gulped and nodded, with apprehension she left.