Chapter 6: "The Emergency Council"

A/N: Greetings everyone!  Please write to me any suggestions, grammar concerns, anything!

Thank you!

Nope, according to my parents apparently I m not C. S. Lewis *shocked*, all rights go to him!

Chapter 6: "The Emergency Council"

The air in the Thrones' Room could be cut with a knife.

King Peter wouldn't stop pacing around, his eyebrows brought together deep in thought, his hand scratching his stubble.

"Peter, stop it" scolded Susan, clearly annoyed with her brother's pacing.

A small group was gathered in the room. King Erasmus was sprawled on his throne with his hands supporting his head. Queen Calantha by his side, her eternal smiling face was now tinged with concern. Queen Susan and Queen Lucy both deep in thought were sitting on chairs, like thrones, on one side of the room. Standing by their side was Diácano, along with Amaruq and Accalia. King Edmund was standing on the steps of the thrones' platform facing a very trembling Bavra standing in the middle of the room.

"Then, again Bavra, from the gardens to the dungeons, when you were carrying the prisoner did you come across anyone?" asked calmly Edmund to the faun.

"N-no, your Majesty. Well, yes, we did come across a lot of people, I mean the castle was full of people running around!" the faun appealed when Peter snorted angrily. Lucy shot her brother a nasty look "but we ever stopped until we got to the dungeons!"

"And once in the dungeons..." with a movement of his hand Edmund urged the faun to continue. This was the third time they were rearming the story.

"Is this necessary? How many times are you going to make him tell us this Edmund?" asked Lucy aggravated.

"As many times as it's necessary" he answered her shortly, the nodded his head to the faun.

"And once in the dungeons I escorted him to the cell. We didn't see anyone, we didn't speak to anyone, the other cells were empty and no one was in the corridor. I closed the door with the key turn around and left for the entrance" Bavra couldn't stop his trembling hands.

"In the entrance, who was there?"

"Talbus. He was guarding the entrance. I told him to get a healer for the prisoner and I relieved him of his position. Then the healer entered accompanied by Captain Casio" he finished.

"So, you were alone until I came down this morning?" finally asked Edmund.

"Yes, your Majesty. But-" he shut his mouth when Erasmus raised his hand.

The room remained silent for the next minutes until Erasmus broke it.

"Bring the healer. Bring the healer and bring Casio too." He ordered the wolves.

"But Erasm-" started Calantha.

"No buts, we have to know what happened, I'll order them confidentiality" his face was severe, his jaw clenched and his gaze intense.

Quickly both wolves left the room in search of the healer and Captain Casio. The room was left in an uneasy silence. Queen Calantha had joined Lucy and Susan on a chair next to them, the three of them muttering with their heads close and the same worried expression. Edmund sat down on the steps watching Peter resume his pacing. Diácano guided Bavra to sit on a chair, the faun was as white as a ghost and his forehead very sweaty.