Chapter 7: "Don't let it rain on the plan"

A/N: Hi everyone!! I hope you keep enoying this story!

All rights to C. S Lewis!

Chapter 7: "Don't let it rain on the plan"

The next days were long ones. The Kings and Queens found themselves from council to council. Security in the castle and around it was high, and fortunately news from Archenland were good. They were able to corner and besiege a part of the Calormen's company until they surrendered.

But still, a week ago they had to fight in the very steps of Cair Paravel, and that was bad. They were being outnumbered, narnians were scared, and several of them came up to the castle to express their concern. Some had being robbed in the woods by outsiders that were wandering the area, to this a patrol had being send and successfully caught a handful of bandits that were now residing in the dungeons.

And as glad as the Pevensie's were to be back in their beloved Narnia, the were exhausted.

Queen Calantha was hell-bent on making the atmosphere in the castle as light as possible, making sure everyone was well fed and getting enough hours of sleep, which Susan had been helping her out and avoiding everyone who wanted to start a conversation that was not in the topics of the moment.

Lucy was overwhelmed with worry, she and King Erasmus were the ones that received and listened to the concern narnians every morning.

And as for Peter and Edmund they were engaged with the councils, plan making and troops training along with Erasmus and Bill Stoll, who happened to be a very enthusiastic boy, he lifted the spirits of everyone in the room, and was a good enough swordsman.

One afternoon, Edmund found himself wandering around the corridors of the castle, his feet had a mind of their own and were taking him to the entrance of Cair Paravel and out to the gardens.

As soon as he stepped out of the castle he felt a cold breeze that made him shivered. Looking up he could see the sky was overcast. He kept walking through the garden until he was far and into the long grasses that surrounded it, the trees that gave way to the forest just a few meters away now.

He stood still, breathing deep, eyes closed for what seemed like an eternity. He needed to rest so much, he loved Narnia, but whenever they came they had to adjust so quickly to the situations that he was left worn out. 

The grass caressed his palms and slowly his mind began to clear when the sound of footsteps on dry grass startled him

"Sorry" came a female voice. Opening his eyes he rapidly looked around until his eyes fell on Anne's apologetic smile.

"It's alright, I was just-" he stopped not wanting to sound like a fool and just shrugged his shoulders smiling.

Anne looked at him knowingly "It's too much" she simply said and Edmund nodded.