Chapter 6

A/N: Enjoy this beautiful picture of niall^^

Niall's POV:

Today is Valentine Day.
I hated the day with my whole soul.
It's not that I don't like love, the opposite really, i craved it, but it's depressing when you know you're not going to get any.

I was always one of those people who are just a hopeless romance, one of those people who wants to go on cheesy dates and have a clique love story.

I used to be excited for it. I always hoped that one year louis would ask me to be his Valentine. How stupid could i possibly get.

I waited for years after years. Hoping,wishing,praying but nothing ever happened and eventually i loose hope, eventually I faced the cold hard reality of how pathetic I am for falling for my best friend.

We were currently on our way to an interview and I was again in the back seat, listening to music,lost in my own bubble.
My playlist shuffles onto a sad love song and if the old niall would have heard it, he would be crying his heart out. However right now, I felt....numb,almost comforting.

I closed my eyes and imagine my happily ever after.
The one with Louis in it. The one where the society wasn't so homophobic. The one where I don't get so much hate. The one where I was happy again.
I want it to be the reality but i know that it just can't.
I can't change society. I can't stop the hate. I can't make my straight best friend gay and I don't deserve to be happy.
I signed as I took out my headphones, since we've arrived at our destination.

Flashes and questions greeted us. People were shouting our names and some even pushing us, but I muffled all of it out, hanged my head low and followed the boys toward the building.
As i went pass the boys to take a seat at the reception, I didn't even bothered to smile or act happy as I was too tired, emotionally and physically.

We waited for a good 5 minutes before a lady called us in. I stood up from my chair, not ready to fake a smile for the camera.

Suddenly a hand tapped my arm.
"Niall. Can you come to my dressing room after the interview?"Louis asked.

Wait what?

"I need to tell you something," he added when he saw the confusion on my face and all i could do was nod.
He smiled at me and followed the rest of the boys, leaving me confused.

What is he gonna tell me?

***************************************

After the interview I headed toward Louis's dressing room.My hands were shaking and my brain was overloading with the amount of thoughts that was running in my head.  

It's probably nothing, I told myself. But what if it is? I argued back. What if he found out I like him? What if he doesn't want to be my friend anymore? Or what if he want to ask me to be his Valentine?

"Shut up" i whispered and blocked out my last thought, I can't get my hopes up. Get your shit together Horan

Finally, I took a deep breath and opened the door and- I could feel my heart shattered into pieces. I felt my throat go dry and felt tears built up in my eyes.

I don't know what i was expecting, but nothing could have prepared me for what I saw because there, stood Louis.......
and on top of him sat a girl, who I identified as the interviewer, kissing.

*************************************
A/N: DUN DUN DUN!What is louis doing? Mmh?

Guess who just kind of figured out the plot of the story?! *wink, wink*
Albert Einstein!
Sorry that wan't  funny but eh.

I hope you like this chapter! Also thank you so much for voting! It really do motivate me to continue writing this story. Let me know what you think!
Loads of love, Mirror XX)
Date written: September 6th 2020