Chapter 10

A/N: ^^ You can use the image above for visualization reference. It's not the exact same but just for you to get an idea.

Niall POV:

He lay face down, listening to the silence. He was perfectly alone. Nobody was watching, nobody else was there. He was not perfectly sure he was there himself.

A long time later, or maybe no time at all, he came to the conclusion that he exist. That he was alive? No. He can't be, he thought but he wasn't gone either. He was just....there, because he was lying, definitely lying, on a surface. Therefore, he have a sense of touch, and the thing against where he laid existed too.

He felt like his body wasn't his. He felt like he's a soul that was shaped as a body but the body wasn't physically there. He wondered if he could see, wondered if he could open his eyes to look at something real but does real exist in where he is now? His question was soon answered as his lashes slowly fluttered open and his iris rolled back to the front of his pupil.

He lay in a bright room. No. It isn't a room since he cannot see the corners of it.It almost seems like it was mist that was surrounding him. However it's not as if his surrounding were hidden by cloudy vapor,but rather the cloudy vapor had not yet formed into surrounding.

He sat up. His body appeared to be in one peace, functioning but not, because eventhough he's moving, he couldn't feel the blood flowing through his body or the rise and fall of his chest nor the drumming of his pulse near his earlobes from when he was alive. Again he seem to be just...there, just existing and nothing else.

He studied his surrounding again and saw that he was indeed standing on a surface. It wasn't a ground, or wood or a tile; it was a surface but just that. His brain, that is if he have one, is not comprehending about anything. He don't know where he is, he don't know what he is in, he don't know how long he's been here (it seem as if time doesn't exist) and he doesn't even know who he is, no scratch that, he know he is Niall James Horan, he can remember his life, he can remember all the people in his life, he can remember the feelings and thoughts he had for them and for himself however he can not remember how he got here or who he is suppose to be. Is he still niall? Or is he someone else? Or is he no one at all?

He shook his head, surprisingly yes he still have all body parts, and ordered his legs to move forward, or at least what he thought was forward.

He kept walking, and walking toward the mist but he doesn't seem to be arriving anywhere. The mist seems close but at the same moment, so far. It's as if the moment he took a step forward, his destination seem to go two steps backwards.

But suddenly, he was in the mist.

It was not damp, like a normal fog or mist. It was not cold, yet not warm either. It felt to him like he was walking into nothing. The place he was walking into was a pale nothingness, like a blank sheet of paper. It had no temperature, no smell, no texture and no taste.

Am I dreaming? he questioned himself

"No, you are not" it answered. His head snapped toward the voice.

Through the mist, a figure came forward. They were wearing a long silky white robe and their face holds an expression of nothing but calmness. They had a small but genuine smile on their face as they walked toward him.

His voice caught in his throat by their beauty. It's not because he was attracted to them but rather he was appreciating them. They radiates an energy of pure light but he could tell that they weren't innocent nor inexperience. They were simply pure.

"Who are you?" he asked at last.

"I am everything here, I am no one, I am death," they answered.

Death? So is this place death? he thought

"Yes and no." they answered, starling him out of his thoughts, "This is not a place, this is death. "

Without warning all the memories before he arrived came rushing back. All the pain he felt, physically and mentally, all the voices in his head telling him to put the blade on his skin, the regret he felt when the blood wouldn't stop following.
He didn't mean to-
Is he-
He can't be-
"Am I- Am I dead?"

*****************************************
A/N: Is he?!
I'm sorry that these last few chapters have been ending with one cliffhanger after another but as a writer, it's fun writing it, though being a reader would be a different story. Hehe.
I figured out the question i asked in the last chapter so buckle up for a ride!

Ngl i am really proud of this chapter and if you couldn't tell some of the writing and quotes from this chapter are inspired by Harry Potter and the deathly hallows and Coraline (the novel).

As always, thank you for everyone who voted,viewed, put the story in your reading list or commented! It motivates me to write a new chapter and thank you for that and just thank you!!
Tell me what you think for this chapter, I would love to hear it!
Loads of love, Mirror XX)
Date written: October 20th 2020