Replay - Bokuto

Bokuto remembers it clearly. His wife was in the kitchen cooking food as his was playing with their 2 year old kid. He felt awful that here she was, making the food after a long day of work. She insisted she would as long as he could mind the child, which he clearly didn't mind. When she made the dinner, she was eating and looked as pale as a ghost. This made him worry but she kept going "It's only a cold my love. Only a cold."

His wife was very vulnerable. The two love birds have been together since his 2nd year of high-school. She fell pregnant with his son when he was just 19 and her 18. They were together 2 years at the time and instead of aborting, they wanted to give giving a family at such a young age a shot. It was clearly disapproved by many of the family, but since they'd been friends their whole life and dating nearly 3 years, they wedded after 3 months of hearing the news.

Many judged their marriage. They thought they could of waited and did everything else first but this felt right. Bo was playing for Japan at 18 years old. He was on a good bit of money and his wife got a job as a secretary at the school nearby the house. Bo trained 7 days a week for a hour but the two worked around it. His wife worked 3 days a week and it was morning times. Bokuto's training was at the evening so the two worked around the busy life to always protect their son.

Today was a Sunday, a day off and Bokuto's season was done for the next month, so he was always home. She was working though. When he noticed you looked ill he asked
"Darling, are you able to taste the food?" as she shook her head. Bokuto shot up and ran outside with your son, ringing a GP. She however she was confused and looked out the window.

"Babe. We need to all get tested. I think Covid is in the highschool" he sighed. He was awful worried. The child and his wife was very vulnerable to the disease. She wore facemasks and tried to socially distance with everyone in the school but, all schools were overcrowded and bokuto personally thought they shouldn't of been sent back. He waited for the GP to call him back and got the appointment. When they got there they all waited patiently until they were called.

The suspension killed them. They didn't get the results until three days later. All positive. Bokuto was a panicking mess but the wife cupped his cheek and reasurred him everything was fine. "We just have to stay here as a family for two weeks. It won't be too hard"

That's what she thought. Bokuto replayed the day later in his head. He woke up very early that day 5 years ago to give his wife a kiss.
She wasn't there. It was only her body. It was stone cold. At first, wouldn't believe it and thought she was joking with some horrid joke. He kept kissing her face, streaming tears falling onto her face as he left out a wail. If he knew sooner, he wouldn't of let her go back to work. He got up to see where his son was. He creaked his bedroom door open as he looked at his boy.

He was very ill. Bokuto couldnt believe it. Not only could he not have a funeral for his wife because of restrictions and thay she had Corona, he was to bring his little dying boy into the hospital. Bokuto was a mess bringing the boy to the hospital, but as soon as he reached the hospital. He was passed out. He ran with him into the a and e and they couldn't get to him sooner enough. Bokuto knew he suffered with asthma and this virus killed him too.

Two years later, 2022, he's sitting down on their grave , constantly reminding them how. Much their missed. He got a grave even though they both had to be incinerated because of Corona. It was just a empty grave. He'll never look at people the same again. Corona only died down fully 6 months ago and when he went back to play internationally he made sure he sanatised himself. He became the greatest ace currently in the world as he took his anger out on the court.

He was never the same since he lost his family at 21 years old.