Preface:

Smoke and ash clouded the once bright sky. Now clouds were rolling in, mourning for the fallen Angel and her lover. The world was gray, the sky was crying, and the heavens thundered in anger.

"I- I don't want to for-get you!" Her voice trembled and blood coated her chapped lips. She was gasping and choking, the crimson liquid filling every crevasse of her mouth. That was not the problem, however, but the gaping hole in her side.

Green eyes stared down at his golden-haired lover. She could see the horror covering his once cheerful face. The sorrow pouring from his wrath-filled eyes. He was shaking too, his heartbeat spiked, and adrenaline pumping has he cradled her.

"You won't- you won't- You aren't going to die. Not again-" He chokes back his own sobs, the tremors becoming more unstable. His emerald eyes began to flash black- then back to a watery green.

It was a lie; they both knew it. She would die, and he would be left alone again.

That was their fate after all.

She could feel a tinge of defiance spread through her numbing body. He would not be left to mourn again. The city had fallen, his wrath was unleashed on her murderer already.

But his grief would not swallow him as well.

"Damnit! Please hold on, please!"

"Meliodas." Her fingers reached up to tangle themselves in his blonde locks. Blood was coating the usually vibrant gold now. Her breath quickened again; this was it.

One last chance.

She pulled his head down hurriedly, capturing his lips with her own blood-stained ones.

'You'll forget about me too. Until we meet again... my love'