9/10: chasing love

*** tendou ***
*
*
*
tears fall freely down my face. she actually left.

she left me again.

she didn't even say goodbye this time.

suddenly, i think back to all the times i made her feel lonely. how much i pushed her away. how i ignored her for two weeks, and couldn't even be the one to make the first move.

y/n was the one always trying to salvage the friendship that i ruined. she felt used and betrayed, because i did use her and betray her. i let my pride get in the way of what could've been my future.

of course she didn't say goodbye. i don't deserve a goodbye. she's leaving because of me and i thought that she'd wait for me to come around.

i've been selfish and arrogant, with someone i shouldn't have. i know not to mess with y/n, but yet i still did. i messed up big time.

ping!

my ears perk up at the sound of my phone pinging with a new message. i unlock it with the hopes that it's y/n.

it isn't.

from: mother swan
i just did a quick search and found a train leaving at 10:00. it's appropriate to think that she'll be there. go get her tendou. goodluck.

i scan over the message and my heart skips a beat.

i won't get anymore chances. this is it. i'll finally tell y/n how i feel.

my eyes dart towards the clock.

9:53 a.m.

my heart sinks. the train station is around a ten minute walk. even if i ran, i probably would not make it in time.

except nows not the time to think like that.

i'll run where ever y/n is. i'll hike across every mountain. swim through entire oceans. encounter different countries, just to be with her.

no matter where y/n goes, i will always chase after her.

i won't be foolish anymore. it's time i become serious and win back the love of my life.

before i do that, i must catch her train.

wrapping up my internal monologue, i grab my note and y/n's uniform out of the trash. after all, she'll be needing it back.

i rush out of y/n's apartment and almost crash into her elderly neighbor.

"i am so sorry! i have to find y/n!" i say as i start to run towards the exit. she smiles proudly.

"i think i have something that'll make your trek faster." she states, putting a halt to my steps. she disappears into her apartment.

after a few moments, she reappears with a bright red bike.

"it's my grandson's birthday present. i'm sure he won't mind you breaking it in." she says with a wink.

i cant even begin to form words.

"t-thank you!" i stutter with disbelief, and she chuckles.

"i was young once too." she laughs befor disappearing into her apartment once again. "goodluck!"

i grab the bike and sprint towards the exit. my face is met with the humid morning air. i immediately hop on the bike and peddle as if my life depends on it.

i check my phone with horror.

9:58 a.m.

there's almost no way i'll get there.

however, this fact only motivates me further. i weave in and out of pedestrians while repeating apologies. nothing will stop me from seeing y/n, not even time itself.

my eyes squint and i can vaguely see the train station in the distance. i curse at the fog for making it harder to see.

i pedal the bike even harder and grip the handles with determination.

as i get closer to the train station, i start being able to make out the train stopped in the tracks.

i can still make it!

i pedal harder as the chains on the bike work to keep up with my pace.

i finally am close enough to the train station, and i lay the bike down on the grass.

i squint my eyes through the fog and i see a figure standing on the platform. i break into a sprint and i cup my hands around my mouth, letting my voice belt out.

"wait! y/n!"

the fog swallows up my cries and i watch in horror as the figure steps on the train. however, i don't stop running closer. i try again, cringing at the desperation in my voice.

"y/n please! don't get on the train!"

my heart sinks as i hear the train whistle, and the doors shut. the trains wheels screech to life, and the train drags itself out of the station.

i cant believe it. i didn't make it.

tears brim my eyes and i sniffle, not trying to conceal my angus from passerbys.

suddenly i hear a voice that makes my heart skip a beat.

"tendou you came?"

my head slowly turns around. i catch the eyes of the girl i love more than life itself.

"y/n?" i gasp. she snorts.

"in the flesh." she says, sarcastically. she crosses her arms, not even trying to conceal her anger.

"what are you doing here?" i ask, my eyes turning back to the train. "you're suppose to be on the train."

she rolls her eyes.

"yeah, i thought so too, but turns out that train isn't going to tokyo." she states. i sigh, sad that she wouldn't stay because of me.

"and..." she breaks the silence, and sends me a sad smile.

"i couldn't leave you without saying goodbye."

*
*
*
a/n:
omgg!!!! i'm so excited teehee. y'all are gonna get what you're waiting for!!!!

don't forget to vote and comment!!

and pleasee remember how much i love you guys. please stay safe out there.

until next time!
-i.c.

word count: 964
date: september 7 2020

***