Chapter 1: Here we go

~ Lucy's POV ~

"Hey everyone!" A certain pink haired dragon slayer yelled. "Hey, flame brain!"

"You asking for a fight ice princess?" "Maybe I am!" Oh no, here we go again. Before I knew it, there was a giant cloud of dust, fists and.....fire, oh no.

   "Natsu your gonna burn the whole place down!" With that, the two were grabbed by thier shirts, and thier heads slammed into each other by none other than Erza.

   "The next time I see you fighting , I will make sure you don't make it out alive." Erza said giving them both her signature death glare. "Um....ok." Gray said quivering.

   "A-aye!" Natsu said mimicking Happy, his fellow exceed. I don't know why but I always found it really cu.....wait, what am I doing thinking like that!?

   After the boys recovered from thier lecture, Natsu walked over to me. "Hey Luce, wanna go on a job?" "Sure! I'm low on money anyways." "Hey!" I turned to see my bluenette bestie, Levy.

   "Do you mind if I come along? Jet and Droy are out of town so I haven't been able to take any jobs recently." "Yeah, no problem!" Natsu said In a cheery voice.

   "Hey shrimp." "Oh, hey Gajeel." She said as he patted the top of her head, her cheeks turning slightly pink. "Can I come to? I've just been bored all week, so I need something to do, but I won't need any of the reward."

   "If you guys are going somewhere, take this." Wendy said holding a small bag out to me. "What's in it?" "20 motion sickness potions."

   I turned to tell Natsu and Gajeel but they were already having thier victory dance. I laughed at them. "Alright let's meet at the train station in one hour...and don't be late."

   I said pointing a finger at Natsu. He shrugged it off as we went our separate ways to get supplies.

~ Natsu's POV ~

   I arrived at the train station and saw Lucy giving me the 'I told you so' look.

I ignored her. "So, you guys ready?(Erza, Gray, Levy, the exceeds (not including Carla) and Gajeel) She turned and asked everyone.

   "Yup." Everyone said in unison. "Gajeel, Natsu." We turned in time to catch the bottle of the motion sickness potion. I drank it gladly, it wasn't the best thing I've had, but it wasn't terrible.

"How long do they last?" "6 hours before they start to wear off , anyways were are we going?" "Well it's a town not too far from here, it'll take about an hour to get there, oh, here's the good part...." "And what would that be?" Lucy asked curiously.

"The reward is 3 million jewel." I gave her my trademark grin. "Thr-thr-three million!" She yelled. "Yup, I thought that would make you happy!"

"He lllllllikes her!" Happy said. "HAPPY! Where did you get that idea!?" I screamed at him. "Well you picked that job to make her happy didn't you?"

   "Um......" I felt a heat creep up to my face "Uh.... well.....hey the train is here!" This must be the first time I've been happy to see a train. "Way to change the subject Natsu." "Can it Happy." Lucy said defensively.

   The train lurched foward, I was expecting to feel like I was gonna die but I felt fine thanks to the potion. "I gotta thank Wendy for those motion sickness potions when we get back."

"That's a good idea." Lucy said then smiled at me. I like her smile. It's childish, funny, and somewhat, cute. Wait what! Where did that come from!?