• six •

Also big thanks to SimplyPreciousMe for adding my story into her reading list. Thank you so much. Sorry, I just found out and it warmed my heart (idk if this is of good grammar lol). iloveyouu. God bless!

~

Ryom examined the picture more carefully. By age, it was tainted sepia and had some molds on the side.

There was one person by some fields but he couldn't decide wether it's a male or a female since it was quiet afar. The person's form was almost unrecognizable with all the rips from what seems to be scissor stabs.

It didn't even look like a photograph anymore.

The lad placed the photograph gently on the floor and stopped the rolling blue cup from going any further.

Since some other stuff were spilled around, Ryom gathered them before making the box stand right side up. It's other contents remained inside and his hand reached in to get another photograph.

It wasn't as beaten as the other and it showed a man, probably on his thirties. His hair looked like the common haircut of the dads back to the 80's. Some type of white coat was around his shoulders.

Unlike the other, it only had nail scratches and wrinkles that took away the ink. They were mostly focused on his face so Ryom could only see a bit of the person's right eye and some area of his chin clearly.

He was so focused on examining that he got really surprised when he heard Elyssi's voice. "Iyooom? What's taking you so loooong?"

In reflex, he was about to reply he was looking for something to read too but his conscience stopped him. The man often gets guilty even in the smallest of lies.

Thinking about it for a moment, he replied he'll be down in just a bit.

Ryom contemplated but he still pocketed both pictures and put everything back to their normal places. He grabbed the book Elyssi wanted and walked downstairs.

His arm had to be massaged a bit though, during  that moment of disequilibrium, it got overstretched by his falling weight.

He probably didn't hear it but the woman got inside a while ago. She's by the small  dish rack, fixing herself a cup of coffee.

The other dentist dropped the book beside her and asked, "Shouldn't we be cleaning right now?"

"Let's say this would energize me." Elyssi's eyes showed the want to slack.

She gulped it down in one go and they started.

It was still eight when they finished. Ryom didn't ask about the pictures nor let her know he planned on 'borrowing' them.

Both were kept on his back pocket and were never touched until he eventually gave into his conscience, and took photos with his phone of these photographs and brought them back to the box. Everything was done in a rush.

Observing Elyssi didn't notice anything, he sighed in relief.

The man just grabbed a chocolate bar from her fridge and bade farewell since it's already dark.

~

Ryom tossed and turned around his sofa, trying to get some good night sleep seems to be hard when you find some 'murdered' photographs at your friend's belongings. New known fact.

Devotion and prayer were already done but it seems like sleep won't visit him yet again.

*How many nights did I already spend stressing over that woman?*