• seven •

[ A WEEK LATER ]

"Good morning Miss, how may  I help you?" an enthusiastic lady greeted Jade.

"Hi, I'm looking for this person named Janu-"

Before she could continue, a kid came running the other lady's way, loudly calling out 'Tita Cyn.'

The lady smiled and excused herself for a moment before bending down to hear what the child was supposed to say.

It leaned onto her ear and whispered something that brought some worry over the adult's face.

'Tita Cyn' nodded and replied "I'll be right there," while the child ran off somewhere else again.

The lady fixed her poise and looked at the visitor.

"I'm sorry, but you said you were looking for someone?"

Jade nodded and showed a printed photograph of Janus Alista, the person she was looking for, at the moment.

Thinking about it for a second, the other apologized again, "I'm sorry but I don't recognize that person. Perhaps I should lead you somewhere else."

Excitedly nodding her head, Jade made the mistake of dropping her ribbon off the floor. She picked it up again before following 'Tita Cyn's direction.

They went through a hallway with some doors on the sides and a wide well lit staircase by the near end.

Passing along the way, she managed to peek into one of the doors from which the most noise came from. It looked like some cafeteria but with a childish homey design.

Some kids were already filling in.

The so called 'Tita Cyn' led her into a right turn then a left one. Reaching a half opened mahogany door, she pushed it open for Jade and welcomed her in.

It was a quiet spacious office thingy, but like the rest of the house, it's design was rather homey.

"Please take a seat and wait for me here." The lady almost ran back to the door.

Jade nodded and took a seat before fixing her hair again.

Getting a little bored, she decided to ring Alex. It took thirty seconds before an answer was heard.

"Baby cakes!"

*Nevermind*

She ended the call and put her phone back in her pocket. The same exact moment, the door opened and a tall male came in.

Jade readjusted herself and greeted the newcomer. "Hello, Sir. Are you the one who'll help me?"

He looked her direction and showed a friendly smile, "Yes, Ms. ?"

"Jade, Sir." She stood up and walked two steps nearer him, reaching out her hand for a formal handshake.

Sergio accepted and introduced himself with just his first name before explaining that Tita Cyn, the woman who assisted her earlier, wouldn't be with them for now.

The female nodded and brought out the same piece of paper she had beforehand.

"I'm looking for him. A source told me he used to volunteer here."

Taking the outreached object, Sergio came to see a printed picture of a male probably on his thirties with the name 'Janus Alista' below it.

"Hmm. He was a volunteer? I'm sorry but I don't usually keep track... of them."

Jade nodded and asked who does.

"Mr. Monasteryo, but he might be with that person you're looking for right now."