vi. lights, camera, action

𝐁𝐑𝐀𝐕𝐀𝐃𝐎 !

six. lights, camera action

❝ The only way to be brave is to first be afraid ❞

── joseph fink

      — A CORSET WAS FITTED TIGHTLY UPON ECHO'S FIGURE, HER HAIR FALLING PAST HER SHOULDERS IN GENTLE CURLS. The tribute sighed tiredly, the golden heels she wore gradually making her feet go numb.

      "Perfect," Nyx hummed in satisfaction, turning her tribute towards a mirror, waiting for her reaction.

      Echo's discomfort suddenly vanished as she regarded her own reflection. Nothing had really changed, for barely any makeup rested upon her face. Yet the tribute found it hard to recognize herself, she felt and looked entirely different.

      Gold liner had been placed onto Echo's lash line, glitter once again finding it's way onto the blonde's eyelids. A short and puffy lace dress embellished her body as well, it's light blue hue appearing almost white. The tops of the garment were decorated with pearls and shells that had been painted gold to match the gold flecks her eyelids and hair held.

      As Echo regarded herself, she felt completely and utterly amazed, she looked beautiful.

      "Thank you, Nyx," Echo confessed honestly, a genuine grin resting upon her features, as her eyes flew past every ounce of detail her figure held.

      Yet when the tribute noticed the halo that decorated her head, she felt the small sliver of her joy dissipate.

      Hesitantly the blonde reached for her halo, instantly recoiling her fingers at its icy touch.

      "When the capitol gives you a nickname it's second nature to play along too," Nyx explained, adjusting the halo before staring into Echo's eyes. "It gets you sponsors," Nyx explained, prompting Echo to sigh in realization.

      "Listen, this game is an awful one to play Echo, but you must remember survival is the only thing that matters at the end of the day," Nyx deadpanned, resting her hand onto Echo's bare shoulder.

      "Even if that means abiding by your enemies."

      Eventually, Echo was escorted to the waiting area where the rest of the tributes waited. Everyone was leaning upon walls, beautiful gowns, and suits embellishing their bodies, the glitz and glamour hiding the tribute's fears and bloodthirst.

      Though, a small smile inched its way to Echo's face as her eyes landed upon River, regarding the suit he sported curiously.

      River wore a tux in the same color as Echo's dress, gold liner placed onto his eyes, alongside with specks of gold that decorated his soft curls as well.