chapter two

»I'LL TAKE HIM OVER MINE«

"deliah!", neil opened his hand to introduce me to his friends, "guys, that's my cousin deliah perry"

i smiled and waved. "hello"

some boy with red curly hair, freckles and glasses offered his hand. "hi, im steven meeks"

now all the other boys started to introduce themselves.

"hello, im knox overstreet", said a boy with a cute smile.

the boy on neils bed lighted his cigarette. "charlie dalton, nice to meet you"

neil already told me lots about his friends in welton and know i have finally some faces to the names.

only pitts and cameron are missing.

i guess the blonde boy, currently unpacking his stuff in a very slow way, must be the anderson. neil saw my stare and quickly introduced his roommate.

"ah, this is todd anderson"

now the whole "hello i am abcdefg" part repeated all over until this smoking charlie boy pointed out who todds older brother was.

"oh well, welcome to hellton", steven said to todd and me.

"thank you, its lovely being here", i replied sarcastically.

i walked away from my spot at the door where i was standing to sit next to neil on todds bed.

"it's every bit as tough as they say, unless you're a genius like meeks", charlie said, nodding to his ginger friend.

todd looked at me for a brief second and continued with unpacking his things.

i heard meeks talking bout how he helps charlie in latin, to which the dalton boy replied with the subjects his friend helps him in until he started coughing.

yeah boy, stop smoking its unhealthy anyways.

i looked to the right and something catched my sight. "thats a nice poetry book you have"

todd stuttered something i could understand as "thank you, you like poetry?"

i smiled. "yes, i like reading it, but i cant write poems even if my fucking life depends on it"

todds lips formed a small smile, but our small conversation was interrupted by my uncle coming unexpectedly into the room.

charlie and neil tried with all their might to destroy any signs of an cigarette being smoked in the room.

"father, I thought you'd gone", neil stood up, his voice cracking.

i opened the window and sat against the heater where neil was just a moment ago.

"keep your seats fellows, keep your seats. deliah", he nodded at my direction and i waved.

"neil, i've just spoken to mr. nolan. i think that you're taking too many extra curricular activities this semester, and i've decided that you should drop the school annual"