chapter five

»THEY ARE ONLY ACCEPTING YOUR DADDYS AND MOMMYS MONEY«

trig class will be the death of me, i know im gonna fail this class. im sitting on my desk, trying to solve the stupid homework mr hager gave us but my brain wont work. i am defeated by trigonometry.

write that on my tombstone.

from the distance you could hear the clock announcing the 14th hour of the day, 2pm.

one hour until my first handicraft class with miss wilson. and one hour until the boys have their soccer practice.

maybe i could drop by neil and todd, im not going anywhere with trig right now anyways.

so i walked over to room 190, knocking and going in.

todd sat on his desk, working on his homework like i did before. he smiled as he noticed me.

"hey deliah", he smiled but his expression tells me hes worried.

"you alright?", i asked as i sat down on the edge of todds bed.

im not sure how, but neils side of the room is a mess. his uniform and clothes are spread across his bed and floor, open books lay around like they have been read for only five seconds.

todds side is the total opposite. the bed is made, books and pens are neatly in their place and even now as he is working on his desks every book, paper or pen is laying around like it's supposed to.

todd leaned back, sighing. "trig just kills me"

a startled look spread across his face, as i laughed at todds response.

"no its just, i was working on trig too and i just wanted to die after one minute of starting", i explained and the boy in front of me relaxed visibly.

"oh, ah well i just thought you just laughed at me because-"

"hELL NO TODD"

the boy threw up his hands, looking shocked, but relieved. "sorry"

"aw, todd no, nobody would laugh at you for not getting trig... or anything", i explained calmly.

"maybe,, im going to grab my trig stuff and we let it kill us together?"

todd laughed. "seems like a plan"

» «

"my father just told him it brings back the good old memories and we kinda left... it was awkward as fuck"

todd and i have finished trig long ago, finally understanding it after some big brain time.

"as i saw nolan for the first time i thought he was just a random old grandpa"

"he's really fucking old right?"

"you two seem to have fun"

both of our heads turned to the door, where neil stood, grinning like an idiot.

"yeah, we have discussed how nolan managed it be so old, yet look so young and fresh"