chapter six

»DID YOU SEE HER NAKED?«

i put up my glasses as i step into the student lounge, ready for the study group at night.

i walk past a group of boys playing dart and boars games. charlie, neil and cameron were doing homework, looking all not so happy, while meeks and pitts were working on their radio with excitement.

"oh, look, now we are good enough for you, hu?", charlie commented as i sat down next to neil.

they were working on trig, cameron copied his notes from history.

"you can copy trig if you don't get it", i said in response, charlies eyes lit up.

"no! no, charlie you have to do it yourself or you will never get it!", cameron chimed in, giving a warning glare.

charlie groaned. "i wont get it anyway because you suck at explaining"

"neil understands what im saying!"

our heads turned to neil, who stared at his paper, confused and kinda overwhelmed.

cameron groaned and went on with his own work.

neil turned to me, sighing. "my wonderful cousin, you said we can copy trig?"

i smiled half-hearted and gave charlie and neil my work. "you just have to replace the numbers with x for x and y"

"of course, thank you", neil muttered, reading the homework todd and i worked on. todd is really not dumb, he was the one who understood first what we have to do.

"but please don't ask me how to do question three, i have no idea"

"who solved it then? a ghost?", charlie said, his eyes scanning question three.

i shifted in my seat. "todd, actually"

the boys seemed impressed.

as charlie and neil were coping trig, i turned around to face meeks and pittsie.

"you guys are finished with trig?", i asked rhetorically, smiling at the ambition of those two boys.

"yeah, it was easy", pitts mumbled, working on the position of some cables.

"but this isn't", meeks said, staring at his friends actions.

"im sure you work this out, you're smart, guys"

meeks and pitts appreciated the comment.

the next moment knox entered the room and closes the door behind him, leaning up
against it heavily.

charlie looked up. "how was dinner?"

knox was in a different world and did not answer.

"how was dinner?", charlie repeated as knox sat down between him and me.

"terrible, awful"

"why? im not sure it was not that bad?", i asked. did he fuck up the dinner?
i dont hope so.