Chapter 55

*Bentley*

                                       Everything is black and then I'm dreaming. She's looking at me with tears in her eyes.

Bentley: "Harley, don't cry"

                                     She covers her face with her hands and when she looks up again, it isn't even her. It's Tristan and he is grinning at me with blood in his teeth. He hits me in the chest.

Bentley: "OW FUCK!"

                                        He hits me again. I feel like I can't breathe. I'm suffocating. Grinning again, he hits me harder, right in my heart. I gasp, inhaling like I had been holding my breath forever.

                                                                                                     *Harley*

                                         We got him to the hospital and the doctors took him back. Dr.Lillith came out to tell us they were doing everything they can. I'm sobbing into Ash's shoulder. He has his arm tight around me as he talks to Peyton on the phone.

Dr. Lillith: Harley?

                                         I quickly stand up, and Ash hangs up the phone.

Harley: Is he okay?

Dr. Lillith: He lost a lot of blood. We did have to resucitate him. Three tries and he finally started breathing again. We have him sleeping right now. What did you say happened again?

                                       I look at Ash.

Acheron (Ash): Some random guy tried to grab Harley's purse and Bentley stepped in. The guy stabbed him.

Dr. Lillith: He had more injuries than stabbing....

Acheron (Ash): Bentley does kick boxing at the gym. Him and some guy went too far earlier in the day. That's all. The purse snatcher must have seen that Bentley was already injured.

Dr. Lillith: Well alright then, he is stable. Harley, do you want to go sit with him?

Harley: Yes please....

Acheron (Ash): You go. I'll walk outside and call Peyton so she doesn't worry.

                                    Nodding, I follow Dr. Lillith to Bentley's room. He's bruised. They have his chest and stomach wrapped. His knuckles are cut and scabbed. She closes the door behind me and I let a gut wrenching sob escape with my back against the door.

Harley: I almost lost you....

                                    I slowly walk to the bed and sit next to him, grabbing his hand.

Harley: Bentley, you have to wake up.....

                                                                                                       *Tristan*

                                    I wake up and I'm surrounded by all the other fighters......except Bentley. The entire warehouse is empty except for us. They are all glaring over me.

Tristan: Got a fucking problem?

Tony: Tristan, we don't like dirty fighters. You played really dirty and still lost.