Final Thoughts + Small Facts

It feels rather sentimental to finish Match. It was an off and on journey for a few months, but I enjoyed writing it. It's crazy how it all sparked from a dream, to putting it out for the world to see. :)

If you've read it all the way to the end, from the bottom of my heart, thank you. I greatly appreciate all the reads, comments, votes, and love received for Match. I hope reading it brought comfort to you as much as it did for me. Now as I close off this 'chapter', I want to add in some facts I compiled together about Match.

Enjoy!

*****

Quick Facts:

1. The story was inspired by a dream I had, where I was in the POV of an ambiguous character playing a soccer scrimmage.

2. The fry incident in the beginning is an actual thing that happened in the dream.

3. Jonah was the most difficult character for me to construct. I went back and forth from giving him an adventurous personality to him being a photographer. Along with that I struggled at naming him. It went between Jonathan, Jonah, or something completely different.

4. The restaurant Cole works at is completely fictional!

5. Cole is 6'2" (~189cm), Jonah is 5'10" (~177cm).

6. The "town/region" the story is based in isn't a set place, nor did I want to make up a name for one. It's just somewhere in Canada.

7. Daniel is also openly bisexual.

8. The two matches in Jonah's red matchbox represent both him and Cole. That's why he keeps them so near and dear.

9. Originally I was going to make Lily Cole's best friend, but I instead switched it around.

10. I did have a set pathway with where the story was going to go, but a lot of the in-between is spontaneous, which is probably easy to tell, hah! :,)

11. I did have an idea on Cole having a step-father, but I decided not to add that in.

12. In the story, Cole still isn't aware that he drunkenly told Jonah about his biological father, since it's a touchy topic. About a year into their relationship he tells him (while sober of course).

13. A lot of the characters I leave open to personal interpretation on what they look like. Headcanoning sexualities that aren't confirmed yet is okay, too!

14. Cole has mazeophobia (fear of getting lost), Jonah has acrophobia (fear of heights).

15. I was originally going to make Ashton, Rubin and Daniel part of the main cast of characters. Also the main comedic relief.

16. My main goal (pun intended) was to just create a story where an LGBTQ+ couple has a happy ending.