ch 2 ||Betrayal's Heartache||

Y/n woke up startled. She was panicking a little not being able to discern reality from dream. As she sat up, she noticed a white feather sitting on her lap. It felt like a sigh that everything thing that happened in that awful dream was a reality. The pain, the betrayal, the lies... everything.

"Don't be ridiculous that's not possible... It is just a very detailed nightmare. That's it." her logical side had a very sound argument but still, annoyingly enough, it didn't convince her. Y/n stood up, her slick nightgown pooled around her body. She walked up to the large mirror -resting by her vanity- and pulled down the fabric to reveal her collarbone and shoulders... nothing. No burned marks, cuts or bruises. F/n wasnt really sure what she was expecting but the lack of those scars felt like a lie.

"May we come in " a voice came through after a few gentle knocks. Her personal maid Anna was waiting on the other side of the door.
"Yes"

-

As Annie walked out the bathroom she was faced with the worried gazes of her 2 friends. Lilac and Mary
"She is alright? "
F/n was currently in the bathtub and the one maid who was assisting her, is her close friend Annie.
"I.. I do not know Lilac " she said addressing her dark brown almost black eyed friend.
"She was unnatural quite, after a hefty amount of pestering all she said was I had a bad dream. "

Lilac nervous, started to play with her dark navy blue hair, while the eldest of the 3, Marry spoke up.
"Elaborate. What was it?"
"She didn't say anything more."
Looking at their shocked expressions, Annie just sighed.
"I was done with the preparations so I left. "

F/n has been an open book most of her life. Taking a look at her face one could immediately tell what type of things were going through her mind. So the fact that Annie got nothing is truely worrisome.

"Quite frankly, I was hoping she would order me to stay... " Annie sighed walking over to the vanity the other two followed suit.
"Let's all ask her again when comes out " Lilac suggested.
"We can't. We are her maids first, friend much later. " Marry sighed at their crestfallen looks

"Besides, it is clear she doesn't want to open up about this and as her friends we have to respect that right?"
They both nodded.
"Come girls let's get moving. She will be done soon."

The rest of the morning routine went on without a hitch. Y/n decided to skip the corset and crinoline and go with a simple yet elegant dress. While dressing her up all 3 maids were extra careful, trying to pick up any hints dropped by f/n. Nothing. Its like the old f/n died and this is someone else made out of her ashes. The morbid thought made Annie shiver.

And soon they were done. Sitting by her vanity, f/n's (e/c) eyes trailed over to the white feather. She left it by vanity before going into the bath. Taking it in her hands she examined it a bit. To her the feather simply felt otherworldly, which may have been an delusional conclusion.

The big question still remained. Where did it come from. The windows were closed and even if they were to be open for a feather of such quality to end up on one of the higher room of the palace is impossible. It has to have been put on her by someone. But by who and why.

F/n stood up. The nightmare might not be worrisome but the feather's existance sure was.

Before leaving for breakfast, f/n went into her massive closet. Searching around a bit, she retrieved a very extravagant looking jewelry box from the inner drawers. There she placed the feather for safe keeping.

She also fetched a pocket watch and attached it on her dress as an accessory.