Prologue

'Push Maya, you're doing great she's almost here..... One more time now!'

'Ahhhhhhh....' A bright white light spreads around the room as the baby is born. It spreads finding its way out of a window. As the light disappears from view, a little cry is heard from the child.

'She's beautiful Maya! That is the brightest I've ever seen. She's destined for greatness.' The midwife passed over the baby. The little one had beautiful raven coloured tufts of hair with eyes as green as seaweed. The newborn smiled, brightening the somber room. Maya took the baby with what little strength she had left.

'Oh Uri, my light. I will always love you. I wish we had more time...' Maya whispered passing Uri to the midwife. 'You know what do Amicia' taking the baby Amicia looked back with regret in her eyes 'But what if we tried to find another way?' she argued.

'please Amicia, it's the only way.' Maya said tears fell.

A thunderous roar could be heard interrupting the goodbyes. 'Maya!!' A gathering of armored soldiers could be heard running up the stairs that led to the room Maya was in. 'Go Amicia or he'll kill us all. Take her to earth, she'll be safe there.'  With one last glance Tatiana goes through the newly opened arms with Uri wailing in her arms. Amicia see's the last breath leave her best friends body before the portal closes behind her.